Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards: I'll Be Back, Just a Bit Disappointed My Eye Went So Early On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards: I'll Be Back, Just a Bit Disappointed My Eye Went So Early On

On Saturday night in Arizona, British flyweight Sunny Edwards suffered the first defeat of his pro career when he was stopped after nine rounds of action in his WBO, IBF unification clash with Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

some fight through fractured orbitals some dont

Comment

Damn, Bam broke Sunny’s face?

Comment

Glad he ain’t making excuses
        Once Bam started timing him it was all but done
        Had he kept going he would of gotten ktfo
        His corner were well aware and did the inevitable
        greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Bam is a great boxer puncher with timing - Edwards will need to fight slower boxers or punchers to be successful against so that his speed and timing can prevail. He is not going to face a lot of fighters as good as Bam, so he has a chance to become a champ again perhaps down the line. He fought a top 10 PFP and fought with heart as long as he could and had some success in that fight. Not the end of the world for him. He won't need power, just speed against guys who are not as gifted and skillful as Bam.
          Last edited by richardt; 12-17-2023, 04:18 PM.
          dkamds dkamds likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Damn, Bam broke Sunny’s face?
            It was a fairly clear beating eventually. Kind of like Canelo/Saunders.

Comment

The eye goes, you normally follow but I saw enough to be convinced Bam was the better man. Sonny showed great heart in a desperate last stand but we saw how that turned out.They did a great job with the eye swell but the punchers came hard and fast. Bam is top drawer.

Comment

He showed heart & class & yes he will be back. 'Bam' Rodriguez will soon go to 115 so Sonny can regain a title & maybe even push for unification. Like Dave 'Boy' Green v SRL, or Walsh v Gervonta or (going back) Minter v Hagler, he will know he lost to a very bad MoFo who is going on to be an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                  He showed heart & class & yes he will be back. 'Bam' Rodriguez will soon go to 115 so Sonny can regain a title & maybe even push for unification. Like Dave 'Boy' Green v SRL, or Walsh v Gervonta or (going back) Minter v Hagler, he will know he lost to a very bad MoFo who is going on to be an ATG.
                  lol walsh lost to a clown who ducks everyone in boxing and is completely manufactured. the exact opposite of leonard or hagler.

Comment

He got road experience, but not the good kind. He can go back to the UK to build his padded record, but he should take a few out of country fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X