Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Bam Rodriguez Lands 62% of Power Punches on Sunny Edwards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Bam Rodriguez Lands 62% of Power Punches on Sunny Edwards

Bam Rodriguez's power, footwork & hard jab steam rolled the game Sunny Edwards. Bam landed 62% of his power punches in the fight and also landed 61 body shots.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The end results weren't a surprise, but the amount of punches landed by Bam is a bit surprising because I thought Bam will be aggressive while Sunny evades and plays the tag...er, technical game. Sounds like Sunny got too busy trash talking and messed up his strategy.

Comment

Not that it would of made to much of a difference because I think sunnys lack of power was always gonna be a issue for him but he didn't make it easier on himself standing and trying to have a fire fight with bam when his whole stick is to box and move. Just not got the power and the physical strength to be able to do that against someone like bam. Even tho it would of been not as fun to watch and dull his best bet was probably to be negative but he wanted to give the fans a fight but bam just way to strong physically in there

Comment

Having a firefight with a Mexican, unless you are Shane mosley, is a terrible idea.

I won't give Edwards too much stick because he fought with admirable bravery, but he got a huge reality check in there, and likely shortened his career by several years.

Comment

Masterful performance by Bam he looked like a future great.
          pnut901 pnut901 landotter landotter like this.

Comment

Sunny said he couldn't see from his eye from the second round, so makes sense that Bam landed so often.

Fair play to both. Sunny lasted a long time considering and did well early too (if the damage to his eye is true).

Bam is a beast.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
              Not that it would of made to much of a difference because I think sunnys lack of power was always gonna be a issue for him but he didn't make it easier on himself standing and trying to have a fire fight with bam when his whole stick is to box and move. Just not got the power and the physical strength to be able to do that against someone like bam. Even tho it would of been not as fun to watch and dull his best bet was probably to be negative but he wanted to give the fans a fight but bam just way to strong physically in there
              If he did stick and move NSB would have called him a runner.

Comment

What a statement win. Very excited to see where he heads next.

Comment

Working...
                X