Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murodjon Akhmadaliev Repeatedly Drops Kevin Gonzalez, Stops Him In 8th Round of WBA Title Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murodjon Akhmadaliev Repeatedly Drops Kevin Gonzalez, Stops Him In 8th Round of WBA Title Eliminator

Murodjon Akhmadaliev punched his way back into contention for the division's top prize. The dethroned unified WBA/IBF junior featherweight titlist battered previously unbeaten Kevin Gonzalez en route to an eighth-round stoppage. Akhmadaliev scored two knockdowns each in rounds six and eight. The fourth and final knockdown produced an immediate stoppage at 2:48 of the eighth round in their WBA title eliminator Saturday evening at Desert Diamond Arena in Glendale, Arizona.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thank you for not effing this one up...now, Inoue/Nery mandatory around May in US, followed by Inoue/MJ mandatory around August in Japan, then a New Years farewell party against Goodman/Casimero will work for me.

Tapales can enjoy his sack of cash and take about a year vacation.
    Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

He looked damn good tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        He looked damn good tonight
        This MJ would've never lost to Tapales in a decision this spring, and it certainly would've been nice to see him vs Inoue for the undisputed matchup next week to end the year.

Oh well, atleast a mandotory undisputed fight will be better than nothing.

Comment

Murodjon really busted up the undefeated Gonzalez, and handed him his first loss.
          It was painful just to watch the beat down he was getting, imagine how Gonzalez must have felt.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
            Murodjon really busted up the undefeated Gonzalez, and handed him his first loss.
            It was painful just to watch the beat down he was getting, imagine how Gonzalez must have felt.
            MJ had it absolutely in control, and the last KO was definitely an unnecessary overkill but I guess Gonzalez really wanted to grind on until he couldn't.

Not surprised, given that they were fighting for a multi-million ticket next.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
              MJ had it absolutely in control, and the last KO was definitely an unnecessary overkill but I guess Gonzalez really wanted to grind on until he couldn't.

Not surprised, given that they were fighting for a multi-million ticket next.
              The bludgeoning was so through that Gonzalez's career may have been shortened, because of the damage he sustained at the hands of MJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
                This MJ would've never lost to Tapales in a decision this spring, and it certainly would've been nice to see him vs Inoue for the undisputed matchup next week to end the year.

Oh well, atleast a mandotory undisputed fight will be better than nothing.
                I'm not sure. MJ didn't seem to be able to make adjustments against Tapales.

Comment

I wanted to see inoue vs nery due to unfinished business but mj deserves it more after last night's performance.

Let cashimero fight nery for the opportunity to be next in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I'm not sure. MJ didn't seem to be able to make adjustments against Tapales.
                    I personally thought he looked flat from the opening bell in that fight. Thought he was sick or something. Tapales looked very sharp too, but that wasn't the usual MJ, and I'm not sure whether he just had an off night or it was something Tapales was doing. Tapales definitely earned that win though, and he's not a slouch. He definitely comes to fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X