Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morrell: I Don't Think Canelo Is Willing To Take Those Risks Against Someone Like Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Morrell: I Don't Think Canelo Is Willing To Take Those Risks Against Someone Like Benavidez

David Morrell Jr. respects what Canelo Alvarez has accomplished and meant to the sport of boxing. At the age of 33, however, the unbeaten Cuban southpaw doesn't think that the undisputed super middleweight champion will fight David Benavidez. Morrell definitely doesn't get the sense Alvarez would fight him, either, but Alvarez-Benavidez is perhaps the showdown boxing fans most want to see in 2024.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Morrell Jr needs a victory tomorrow, and then Shiskin, or "Bek the Bully!"

Comment

I would have to side with David Morrell here. I will believe it only when I see it. Chances are Canelo won't fight either one by the end of next year; When his contract with the PBC is up.

Now upon reflection; I am not convinced that he had ever signed with the PBC or perhaps it was just Showtime because Jaime Munguia is a Golden Boy promoted fighter who fights on DAZN app. He isn't aligned with the PBC or an Al Haymon fighter.​
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I think Canelo would take the risk. He's like a rock, never been knocked down, the man can take a big punch.

Benavidez is so tough as well, although I think Canelo could hurt him, as can he to Canelo. Morrell is also up there, a special talent.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

morrell need the win and to stay very active while getting his name out. I would say fight 4x next year stay busy pad the record, then after such go back to 2 fights a year occasionally 3. 4 fights for next year 2 should be no name stay busy record padders, 1 should finally be a name to add to the resume (dirrell, jacobs,) then finally the 4th fight should be a co main event ppv on a major card vs (plant, charlo, or benavidez). Morrell passes the eye test now its about exposure and landing the big fights $. Morrell jr has generational talent capabilities mixture of talent & size if managed right he can be undisputed at 168 then eventually @ 175,

Comment

Morrell knows all about not taking those risks.

Morrell's Trainer On Fighting Benavidez Next: I Don't Wanna Rush Him Into Something

https://www.boxingscene.com/morrells...ething--166797

Comment

Well that's the pot calling the kettle black.....

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                I would have to side with David Morrell here. I will believe it only when I see it. Chances are Canelo won't fight either one by the end of next year; When his contract with the PBC is up.

Now upon reflection; I am not convinced that he had ever signed with the PBC or perhaps it was just Showtime because Jaime Munguia is a Golden Boy promoted fighter who fights on DAZN app. He isn't aligned with the PBC or an Al Haymon fighter.​
                So was Ryan Garcia when he fought Tank.

Comment

It’s a shame that canelo at 33 appears to be hesitant to take the risks that guys from 35-40 yrs old (such as Mosley, Floyd, Cotto, Ggg, and Kovalev) were willing to take vs him. If they weren’t, his career wouldn’t be where it’s at today as his resume would be merely average to barely above average without those names.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Morrell knows all about not taking those risks.

Morrell's Trainer On Fighting Benavidez Next: I Don't Wanna Rush Him Into Something

https://www.boxingscene.com/morrells...ething--166797
                    This kid wants to fight everybody, but sometimes you have to save fighters from themselves, you know, and take a better path, so that you don’t run into something that you’re not ready for." - Ronnie Shields

Comment

Working...
                    X