Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant On Jermall Charlo's Win Over Jose Benavidez Jr: "It's Not Like I Was Super Impressed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant On Jermall Charlo's Win Over Jose Benavidez Jr: "It's Not Like I Was Super Impressed"

After two and a half years out of the ring, Jermall Charlo believed he was both mentally and physically ready to make his return. However, with a considerable amount of ring rust building on his game, Charlo was given a relatively soft touch to ease his way back into the mix.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This fight would be a toss up. It’s a 50/50 fight to me.

Plant has the better overall skill set but Charlo has the better jab. Neither has the punching power to hurt the other.

However, Plant is more of a boxer/counter puncher who tends to tire late in fights which would only favor Jermall Charlo.

Comment

I can't believe Charlo isn't screaming for this fight? Man slapped you in front of your lady, and you don't want no smoke? C'mon fam!!!

Comment

So you were a little impressed?
        BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

I said in an old post how guys need to start walking in press conferences and start slapping these reluctant warriors in their faces in order to publicly shame them into fighting them. See, if Aaron Pryor would have slapped Ray Leonard in his mouth at that press conference, i believe he would've gotten that fight. Plus, u get a mental advantage b4 the fight. Plant tried it with Canelo, and he was able to catch a drunk Charlo with it. Barrera did it to Morales, Bowe punched Larry Donald in the jaw. We need to bring that element back into boxing fir these modern duckers and dodgers

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            This fight would be a toss up. It’s a 50/50 fight to me.

Plant has the better overall skill set but Charlo has the better jab. Neither has the punching power to hurt the other.

However, Plant is more of a boxer/counter puncher who tends to tire late in fights which would only favor Jermall Charlo.
            Plant would seemingly have an enormous psychological advantage going into this fight. Some would say that's not a real thing, but the Charlo's are emotional guys, I think it means quite a lot with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              I can't believe Charlo isn't screaming for this fight? Man slapped you in front of your lady, and you don't want no smoke? C'mon fam!!!
              I'm sure that Charlo is grateful that he was able to step in a ring again. I'm also sure he's not worried about the next time it will be, and that's okay.

Let him enjoy his return, and I'm sure he'll fight Plant on the Canelo undercard in May.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Plant would seemingly have an enormous psychological advantage going into this fight. Some would say that's not a real thing, but the Charlo's are emotional guys, I think it means quite a lot with them.
                True; However, he did appear very serious and all business in that ring the last time he fought with Jose Benavidez, Jr.

Comment

Should not be a hard decision for Charlo to make. Plant is not a killer. More breathable and inhalable than the David Benavidez smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

True; However, he did appear very serious and all business in that ring the last time he fought with Jose Benavidez, Jr.
                    Right, but Jose Jr hadn't slapped him around and stolen his manhood in front of the world.
                    BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X