Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sena Agbeko Thankful For Second Shot At Morrell After Worrying Brain Issue Could End Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sena Agbeko Thankful For Second Shot At Morrell After Worrying Brain Issue Could End Career

By Keith Idec - Sena Agbeko was disgusted. A mandated medical exam a few weeks before the biggest fight of his career detected a saccular brain aneurysm. Suddenly, Agbeko was removed from a fight against heavily hyped Cuban southpaw David Morrell Jr. on the Showtime Pay-Per-View portion of the Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia undercard April 22 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

First i hope that the second doctor was smarter then the first doctor. Doctor' make mistakes that is a given but it is a given to both doctors in this case. Sometimes a person wants to believe something so bad he will search out someone who will say what he wants to hear. That said good luck to you buddy. Oh i am not a doctor but i have known a few. I am a fight fan and hope to see one hell of a fight saturday night what ever channel i put on my TV. that said and being a boxing ghoul i enjoy a knock down bloody staggering fight in the ring but not at the expense of someones life...................that is why we have doctors and medical boards and referee's to keep it clean but keep it real in side the ropes..................

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
      First i hope that the second doctor was smarter then the first doctor. Doctor' make mistakes that is a given but it is a given to both doctors in this case. Sometimes a person wants to believe something so bad he will search out someone who will say what he wants to hear. That said good luck to you buddy. Oh i am not a doctor but i have known a few. I am a fight fan and hope to see one hell of a fight saturday night what ever channel i put on my TV. that said and being a boxing ghoul i enjoy a knock down bloody staggering fight in the ring but not at the expense of someones life...................that is why we have doctors and medical boards and referee's to keep it clean but keep it real in side the ropes..................
      "Sometimes a person wants to believe something so bad he will search out someone who will say what he wants to hear"...do you think Agbeko is guilty of only believing what he wants to hear??

Comment

I dont understand all the intricacies but seems he is putting his life on the line

Comment

Never plan on the money which aren't in your pocket.
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Toprope View Post

"Sometimes a person wants to believe something so bad he will search out someone who will say what he wants to hear"...do you think Agbeko is guilty of only believing what he wants to hear??

i believe we all are at least from time to time it is only human to do so -- have to remember medicine is not an exact science never has been never will be. That is why people get second opinions. His condition either is or is not a fact. What tests they did how the first doctor came to there conclusions and what the second group of doctors did and what if any motives they might have had is way out of my league of understanding. If it were me on any subject i sure would be checking myself out real close. But this a boxing forum and they like to get hits n reads and people talking about a fight so who knows in the long run what the condiion of his head is physically and what the condition of his motives are and were with the second opinion............Now do you think this article got people willing to check this fight out more closely and with some interest then before they wrote the thing ?

Comment

He may or may not have an issue with his brain, and the first guy he wants to test the waters with is the dude who is one-punching people into comas?

Good luck to you, buddy!
              Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
                he got a third opinion also. 1st in LV, 2nd in TN, 3rd in LV
                landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Morrell almost killed Yerbossynuly, and now they give him an opponent who failed a brain scan.

If something serious happened to Agbeko - and I'll be praying that it doesn't - that would probably become one of the most controversial fights in the history of boxing. It would be worse than Collins vs Resto.
                  landotter landotter Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                    Morrell almost killed Yerbossynuly, and now they give him an opponent who failed a brain scan.

If something serious happened to Agbeko - and I'll be praying that it doesn't - that would probably become one of the most controversial fights in the history of boxing. It would be worse than Collins vs Resto.
                    true about that ...... and if it did happen boxing would try and make publicity and money off the whole thing in there own greedy way bc if boxing cared they would be more transparent about issues such as this and such as PED's and a whole lotta other stuff. I beleive they are using this as a way to sell the fight that is one of my takes on it............

Comment

Working...
                    X