Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kenshiro Teraji-Carlos Canizalez Tops January 23 Title Fight Doubleheader In Osaka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kenshiro Teraji-Carlos Canizalez Tops January 23 Title Fight Doubleheader In Osaka

Kenshiro Teraji will aim to clear out another mandatory title defense ahead of his continued pursuit to fully unify the division. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the reigning lineal, WBC and WBA junior flyweight king will next face former secondary titlist Carlos Canizales. The scheduled twelve-round bout will top a title fight doubleheader to air January 23 on Amazon Prime-Japan from EDION Arena in Osaka, Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-13-2023, 11:23 PM.

So the Dalakian-Akui match that was supposed to be the Inoue Takuma-Ancajas undercard got moved here I see.

They got the main champion match in Teraji, a title challenge in Akui, and even Tenshin Nasukawa for the casual Japanese crowd promotion which is a good combination.

Comment

Dalakian needs to start calling out the other title holders, He's been hiding behind that WBA belt for far too long now!!.......

Comment

dalakian is the most avoided boxer for the past 5 years.

i would like to see kenshiro move up if he wins and fight dalakian - akui winner. that's a bigger challenge than anything within his division. i would prefer him to fight edwards - rodriguez winner (#1 at flyweight after their fight) but they will both move up. that would leave dalakian - akui winner as #1. after that kenshiro should retire. he is already old for the weight.

american fighters should learn from kenshiro. he fights his mandatories and not some random, usually in-house, opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by drablj View Post
          dalakian is the most avoided boxer for the past 5 years.

i would like to see kenshiro move up if he wins and fight dalakian - akui winner. that's a bigger challenge than anything within his division. i would prefer him to fight edwards - rodriguez winner (#1 at flyweight after their fight) but they will both move up. that would leave dalakian - akui winner as #1. after that kenshiro should retire. he is already old for the weight.

american fighters should learn from kenshiro. he fights his mandatories and not some random, usually in-house, opponents.
          I am getting the impression that at his age and ability, Kenshiro would rather aim to become the first to go undisputed in 108. Legacy wise he will probably look better retiring as undisputed 108 champion than two division (unified at 108) champion too.

Comment

Working...
          X