Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: With a Predictable Mission Accomplished, Devin Haney Climbs to the Superstar Precipice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: With a Predictable Mission Accomplished, Devin Haney Climbs to the Superstar Precipice

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's toughest for the stubborn types. So set in their ways - or, in this case, so fiercely loyal to those that came before - that it's impossible to concede anyone new could even approach their levels. It's been the case with fighters of all shapes and sizes for generations. It's the case these days with Devin Haney.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Predictable?

Going into the fight not many were predicting a total Haney blowout with a knockdown included. Given Haney’s lack of pop at 135 lbs.

Comment

Sounds like a new cherrypicker is born

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Predictable?

Going into the fight not many were predicting a total Haney blowout with a knockdown included. Given Haney’s lack of pop at 135 lbs.
        Agree. Compliment him and at the same time downplaying his performance
        messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

these dummy boxing media throw "superstar" around like its nothing lol. how are these ppv numbers for these guys
          blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            Sounds like a new cherrypicker is born
            Not sure where you’re getting this from. Who has he cherrypicked?

Let’s hear it

Comment

Originally posted by Poopdick View Post
              these dummy boxing media throw "superstar" around like its nothing lol. how are these ppv numbers for these guys
              4-6 million a fight at 24 years of age.. sounds like a superstar in the making.

Comment

I told people not to overlook Devin.

He was the young guy that people were judging before he grew into his grown man body.

He was beating champions before he had physically matured.

Now, he's growing into his body, it's over for 99% of cats

Yes, he's a superstar.

Folks are judging Shakur to early too.

Just wait until he finally grows into his grown man body.

Comment

I gave Haney props for Prograis. But here go with the hype train. Haney was boring as hell against terrible Kambosis, and Loma beat him and Devin was given a gift.

Prograis, in all honesty, looked shot as hell. Haney boxed very well and he knocked him down. But Prograis looked old.

Not saying that the fight didn't make me reassess Haney, and hey, if he goes and beats some top shelf guys, ok. But he needs to translate his new found power into knockouts and not just "you can't touch me" UD's.

It probably sold 50-100k in PPV's. He is not a superstar yet. This is why boxing sucks, overrating guys like hell and it becomes a joke. Haney leveled up, but no one is that excited that he beat Prograis that easily. Masses will never buy a Haney PPV until he fights a star.
                  Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 12-12-2023, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Predictable?

I thought it was obvious, Prograis was made to order and overrated, I would not have been surprised at all had Devin got a stoppage, I knew Regis would walk onto whatever power Devin had, and that it would go up by going to 140, he was cutting too much at 135 his power had to go up somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                    X