Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Open To Fights at 154, 160 - Or Billy Joe Saunders at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Open To Fights at 154, 160 - Or Billy Joe Saunders at 168

It has been a rollercoaster year for former WBO junior middleweight champion, Liam Smith. Smith started the year in sensational fashion, stopping Chris Eubank Jnr in four rounds on Sky Sports Box Office and finally receiving the widespread acclaim that evaded him throughout an exciting, no-nonsense career. Eight months later, an under par Smith turned in an insipid performance and lost the rematch with Eubank Jnr by tenth round stoppage.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boxxer might just be one of the worst run boxing promotions in history.

Comment

Billy Joe vs Andrade or Plant would be a great fight!

Comment

In the right fight sells out Manchester arena so has value but can't see an immediate big fight option for him. Perhaps should follow the Joseph Parker route and drop down a level, keep active, pick up a couple of wins and then land a big one. Maybe Heaney first at Stoke for the British MW title then follow it up with Denny for the EBU. After that could get called for an eliminator for one of the world titles. Win that and then Eubank is back on

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_hamza View Post
          Boxxer might just be one of the worst run boxing promotions in history.
          They’ve been so bad.

I think they’ll try and make Smith vs Brook personally.

Comment

pay day!! GTFOH wid the maddness, he needs to build back up as the gate keeper he is and let the real contenders and champs fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

They’ve been so bad.

I think they’ll try and make Smith vs Brook personally.
              You might be right , I was at the Bailys gym in Fuerteventura last week and Kell had been there for three weeks , unfortunately ours paths didn't cross by a day but if the moneys right I think Kell would be ready to go.He obviously struggles at 147 , a weight he's made from teenage years but a 154 opponent would make sense.
              RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

I like Liam Smith and his no nonsense approach to fighting, but I don't see him doing well at 168. 154, 160, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post

You might be right , I was at the Bailys gym in Fuerteventura last week and Kell had been there for three weeks , unfortunately ours paths didn't cross by a day but if the moneys right I think Kell would be ready to go.He obviously struggles at 147 , a weight he's made from teenage years but a 154 opponent would make sense.
                  I’ve heard Kell is back in training myself. I hope Kell stays retired but I expect him to fight again tbh.
                  thack thack likes this.

Comment

I like Smith but he looked shot to pieces his last fight. He looked like he had arthritis.

Comment

Working...
                    X