No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Star Keeps Shining: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Star Keeps Shining: Weekend Afterthoughts

Boxing always needs stars. It might need stars more than it needs great fighters. Stars put butts in the seats, generate press, and drive the most important question in boxing: what's next? When fans are asking that question, when they care, especially the kind of fans who can only name a handful of boxers at any given time, boxing has someone to build on.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"He may one day hand losses to Devin Haney, Teofimo Lopez, or even Davis in a rematch."

Gtfoh!
    crold1 crold1 Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Garcia can’t take the left hook to the body that’s why he kept turning away and hiding that side of his body from Duarte. If you fight Ryan, hit him with that left hook to his liver and down he goes, and will quit when the going gets tough.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        "He may one day hand losses to Devin Haney, Teofimo Lopez, or even Davis in a rematch."

Gtfoh!
        He won’t ever beat any of them, cancel cliff!
        tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

He won’t ever beat any of them, cancel cliff!
          Exactly!

Comment

there is something missing from the pic in the story, oh yeah his goofy xmas kracker king crown lol

where is it ryan? are u no longer a king?

Comment

no thanks to oscar who it working against king ryan and is secretly hoping he loses to mexicos next big star Duarte, oh wait so much for that theory so

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Gtfoh!
                in the context of the overall, I was making a case that I don’t think that’s his trajectory but can’t assume it’s impossible. Maybe there’s a surprise. Based on what we see, I think his value will come in making losses to better fighters into bigger events.

Comment

I don't like his defense vs Duarte. He's turning his back. Davis is right, the referee should have warned him for doing that. I do not know if he was afraid to be hit with body shot or what.
                  Last edited by denciosp; 12-05-2023, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post

in the context of the overall, I was making a case that I don’t think that’s his trajectory but can’t assume it’s impossible. Maybe there’s a surprise. Based on what we see, I think his value will come in making losses to better fighters into bigger events.
                    Yes. I suppose the use of "may" is the get-out clause when he doesn't!
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X