Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jordan Gill: I Feel Like I Deserve a World Title Shot, I Can Compete at That Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jordan Gill: I Feel Like I Deserve a World Title Shot, I Can Compete at That Level

Jordan Gill can look ahead to a bright future after stopping Michael Conlan in Belfast on Saturday night. The fight was set up to provide proof that after two unsuccessful challenges for featherweight world titles, Conlan - armed with a new trainer in Pedro Diaz - was recharged and ready for a third assault on the world scene at super featherweight. Instead, it was the underdog from Peterborough who breathed new life into his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think they should make Barrett vs Gill at 130.

Put it on the undercard of Cordina-Wood assuming that happens next spring.

Comment

Calm down you need to do a little more than that

Comment

Deserve has nothing to do with it.
        Campo32 Campo32 Hitmon Hitmon like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          I think they should make Barrett vs Gill at 130.

Put it on the undercard of Cordina-Wood assuming that happens next spring.
          That's a good fight

Anyway, Gill seems a good lad so I hope he gets some good paydays but I don't think beating Conlan puts anybody directly in line for a title shot when Conlan himself has been knocked unconscious in both his world title efforts. So its not like Gill had just beaten some top former champ.

The Barrett fight is good. Or maybe a fight with Warrington, I'm guessing he wants a comeback opponent.

Also is O'Shaquie Foster a free agent? I know he was on a matchroom show last time and then he was on Showtime before that and then on some show in Dubai before that...so it seems like he doesn't have a regular promoter. maybe hearn could try to get him signed and give him a fairly easy fight against Gill
          Last edited by deathofaclown; 12-04-2023, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

That's a good fight

Anyway, Gill seems a good lad so I hope he gets some good paydays but I don't think beating Conlan puts anybody directly in line for a title shot when Conlan himself has been knocked unconscious in both his world title efforts. So its not like Gill had just beaten some top former champ.

The Barrett fight is good. Or maybe a fight with Warrington, I'm guessing he wants a comeback opponent.

Also is O'Shaquie Foster a free agent? I know he was on a matchroom show last time and then he was on Showtime before that and then on some show in Dubai before that...so it seems like he doesn't have a regular promoter. maybe hearn could try to get him signed and give him a fairly easy fight against Gill
            Yeah Warrington would probably be my second choice. Hopefully Gill gets a decent payday.

He’s recently signed with TR. Lamont Roach who just beat Garcia is a free agent though I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Yeah Warrington would probably be my second choice. Hopefully Gill gets a decent payday.

He’s recently signed with TR. Lamont Roach who just beat Garcia is a free agent though I believe.
              Dosen't that ridiculous WBA trinket he picked up on Saturday give him a WBA ranking? Surely £ddie can find the coffers to entice Roach over?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post

Dosen't that ridiculous WBA trinket he picked up on Saturday give him a WBA ranking? Surely £ddie can find the coffers to entice Roach over?
                Yeah he’ll wind up in the top 15 now. I’m not sure MR are that invested in Gill tbh, think they view him as more of an opponent type.

Comment

Working...
                X