Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Calls for Eubank Trilogy: 'I'd Pay Money Out of My Own Pocket to Fight Chris Again'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Calls for Eubank Trilogy: 'I'd Pay Money Out of My Own Pocket to Fight Chris Again'

Liam Smith is itching to get back in the ring against Chris Eubank Jr. In January, Liverpool's Smith upset Brighton's Eubank with a fourth-round knockout in their scheduled 12-round middleweight bout at AO Arena in Manchester, England.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A third fight is a tough sell IMO.
    blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Each could easily do what they did before , but it's not a good look ..time to move on.

Comment

Not obvious who Smith could fight next. Can't see it being Eubank. He'll want a big fight but can't see who. Maybe work back up to it. He's well ranked at MW so maybe Heaney? Or Josh Kelly at LMW.

Comment

Sometimes it’s best to go and sit down with grace and enjoy your life

Comment

after that last performance and excuses nah but then again eubank got his chance at redemption after his poor performance so idk really, boxing can be on the night event at times and results can switch depending on form etc

Comment

Eubank declined to be made WBO mandatory at 160, so if he doesn't end up fighting Benn it's unclear who else he would fight.
              Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
                Not obvious who Smith could fight next. Can't see it being Eubank. He'll want a big fight but can't see who. Maybe work back up to it. He's well ranked at MW so maybe Heaney? Or Josh Kelly at LMW.
                Heaney's a nice guy and decent but he seems levels below someone like Liam Smith really. Does make it difficult to match Liam really like you say.

He career seems to be coming to a natural conclusion almost. There is the danger of him being a gate keeper at world level.

Boxers will do whatever and he's had a great career but he's at the stage now where you hope he just gets out of the game without catching a few beatings on the way out.

Comment

Working...
                X