Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Subriel Matias' Star Began To Shine Brighter After PPV Showcase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Subriel Matias' Star Began To Shine Brighter After PPV Showcase

With each round that passed, the star shined brighter. Its name? Subriel Matias. Though Showtime's pay-per-view finale was built to promote the brands of David Benavidez and Jermall Charlo, there was no more compelling luminary in the Las Vegas sky by Sunday's dawn than the 31-year-old Puerto Rican who had been flying well under most 140-pound radar.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

I hadn't heard of Matias until the article about him smoking too much weed, which is something I may or may not tend to do (lol). So, I watched some of his highlights and was like, "He looks great!! WTF is he talking about??"

Then I watched his most recent fight, and after the first two rounds, I was like, "He must still be smoking too much weed.."

And then the 3rd round happened. And the 4th.. and the 5th..

By then, it was clear: "He was testing and tasting his opponents power to wear him down, and then he went on attack-mode when his opponent was gassed".

Brilliant, unorthodox, talented fighter whom any top boxer will smartly refrain from fighting.

Comment

Probably likely he fights Rivera or Elvis Rodriguez next, but would love to see Matias get a "name" opponent. Rolly would be fantastic, he'd decimate him and his bubble needs to be burst after the fake injury.

Comment

Good. I'd love to see him get bigger fights & hes not gonna get them being a bad mfer no one knows.

Hopefully he can get popular fast tho cuz hes already in his early 30s. Andrade getting his first fight (David B) & Regis his 2nd fight (Devin) ppl gaf in their mid 30s isn't where I wanna see Matias at several yrs from now.

Comment

Isnt Gary Antuanne Russell with PBC ? - that'd be an awesome matchup
          Last edited by SteveM; 12-02-2023, 08:15 AM.

Comment

That's exactly right! This last fight on a major fight card, just introduced him and his murderous fighting style to the boxing world.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
              I hadn't heard of Matias until the article about him smoking too much weed, which is something I may or may not tend to do (lol). So, I watched some of his highlights and was like, "He looks great!! WTF is he talking about??"

Then I watched his most recent fight, and after the first two rounds, I was like, "He must still be smoking too much weed.."

And then the 3rd round happened. And the 4th.. and the 5th..

By then, it was clear: "He was testing and tasting his opponents power to wear him down, and then he went on attack-mode when his opponent was gassed".

Brilliant, unorthodox, talented fighter whom any top boxer will smartly refrain from fighting.
              He had mentioned that his first loss was because he was smoking too much weed and has stopped. If he keeps off of it he will continue to do well, he does have a subtle defense and rolls with the punches or his position that he goes in the punches don't have the full effect on him.
              TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

Matias vs Lipinets would be a good scrap
                TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

Rolly Romero would be a good fight for him and easy work.

But I believe Rolly has to deal with his mando first.
                  BrilliantAJ BrilliantAJ likes this.

Comment

The other title holders will avoid Matias as long as possible, hoping that he loses some steam, the same tactic that I think Canelo is using with Benavidez.

Comment

Working...
                    X