Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan, Jordan Gill Both Weigh 129.5 Pounds For DAZN Main Event In Belfast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan, Jordan Gill Both Weigh 129.5 Pounds For DAZN Main Event In Belfast

Michael Conlan has the benefit of a familiar backdrop for his first fight at a higher weight. The former two-time challenger appeared fighting fit at a career heaviest 129 1/2 pounds for his junior lightweight debut. He will face England's Jordan Gill, who followed Conlan up the scale from featherweight and was also 129 1/2 pounds. The two will meet in a scheduled twelve-round contest Saturday evening on DAZN from The SSE Arena in Conlan's hometown of Belfast, Northern Ireland. Matchroom Boxing will present the eight-fight card in association with Conlan Boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Didn’t realise this fight was at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Didn’t realise this fight was at 130.
      Probably for the best. I thought he looked a bit flat against Lopez, he didn't use his legs nearly enough and simply swung it out at mid-range with the bigger puncher. Could've been the weight, but also could've been his temperament getting in the way of a sound strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Probably for the best. I thought he looked a bit flat against Lopez, he didn't use his legs nearly enough and simply swung it out at mid-range with the bigger puncher. Could've been the weight, but also could've been his temperament getting in the way of a sound strategy.
        I don’t think Conlan has it in the pro’s tbh, I think he lacks the toughness and punch resistance to succeed over the longer format.

I expect he has too much for Gill though. He looked like a punching bag against Kiko last year.

Comment

Working...
        X