Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Reacts To British Board Rejecting Benn's Application, Vows To Make Eubank Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Reacts To British Board Rejecting Benn's Application, Vows To Make Eubank Fight

Eddie Hearn, promoter for welterweight contender Conor Benn, is going to continue with his push to finalize a fight with Chris Eubank Jr. The contest was initially scheduled to take place in October of 2022 - but it was canceled during fight week when news broke that Benn had tested positive for a banned substance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No issue with Hearn pushing his agenda, promoting his fighters and just being the salesman he is...

This is dangerous and the definition of smoke and mirrors tho, and I wish one of these YouTube interviewers would actually ask him proper questions... Benn has not won anything related to the adverse finding, it's never been discussed, they found a loophole and exploited it and never had to explain anything. That's what Benn "won"... Disgusting behaviour.

As for Smith talking to the media, that's what he's meant to do. It's called transparency, and coming from someone who does at least 10-20 YT interviews a week is crazy feedback... Lemme stop there tho, this bit don't even deserve comment!
    Boxingmean Boxingmean dan-b dan-b like this.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
      No issue with Hearn pushing his agenda, promoting his fighters and just being the salesman he is...

This is dangerous and the definition of smoke and mirrors tho, and I wish one of these YouTube interviewers would actually ask him proper questions... Benn has not won anything related to the adverse finding, it's never been discussed, they found a loophole and exploited it and never had to explain anything. That's what Benn "won"... Disgusting behaviour.

As for Smith talking to the media, that's what he's meant to do. It's called transparency, and coming from someone who does at least 10-20 YT interviews a week is crazy feedback... Lemme stop there tho, this bit don't even deserve comment!
      Could you elaborate on this and I'm extremely confused on this situation.

Conor Benn had a hearing with UKAD's representors and his suspension was lifted right? Or is that not correct?

You mention this loophole? What was that?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        You mention this loophole? What was that?
        It's referenced in the article. Benn's team argued that UKAD didn't have the jurisdiction to issue a ban based on a VADA test.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

It's referenced in the article. Benn's team argued that UKAD didn't have the jurisdiction to issue a ban based on a VADA test.
          I have heard that one but isn't the whole thing confidential?

Is it actually confirmed that is was lifted due to jurisdiction or is that just speculation?
          James Hunt James Hunt likes this.

Comment

BBBOC act on a strict liability ( you have to tell them why drugs were found inside your body) Conor Benn since his two failed drugs tests has failed to do so , instead telling board , arrogantly and stupidly to ‘do one’ in a thug like manner. Eddie Hearn was supposed to be completely anti drugs (ha, ha!) and this procedure applies to all not just Conor Benn , Eddie Hearn rather than agree to this important procedure is acting like the spoilt wanker he is .

Comment

eddie needs to take a vow of silence on his issue

cleared by the wbc, now thats something to shout about

oh, they said yeah we believe u did eat so many eggs u tested positive x2, eggies response, it was nothing to do with eggs what u on about

wbc: ok gotcha, u are cleared anyway

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I have heard that one but isn't the whole thing confidential?

Is it actually confirmed that is was lifted due to jurisdiction or is that just speculation?
                Fair point, the article just states "several outlets have indicated" which could mean they've all repeated the same rumour.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                  eddie needs to take a vow of silence on his issue

cleared by the wbc, now thats something to shout about

oh, they said yeah we believe u did eat so many eggs u tested positive x2, eggies response, it was nothing to do with eggs what u on about

wbc: ok gotcha, u are cleared anyway
                  The WBC thing was a red herring. They are a sanctioning body, not a licencing committee.
                  paulf paulf Smash Smash like this.

Comment

I believe him. Never heard of the guy, but something tells me to trust him over Hearn.

Comment

Working...
                    X