Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hector Luis Garcia's Handlers Hope WBA Orders Immediate Rematch vs. Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hector Luis Garcia's Handlers Hope WBA Orders Immediate Rematch vs. Roach

Hector Luis Garcia (16-2) and his team are still shaking their heads at the results of Saturday night's fight against Lamont Roach (23-1-1). Garcia lost his super featherweight WBA world title via split decision on the David Benavidez versus Demetrius Andrade undercard at the Michelob Ultra Arena at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think the fight was 7 rounds to 5 in favor of Roach - and I wouldn't argue 8-4 Roach - so I don't agree with the scoring. That said, the knockdown "punch" was not a legal blow and they definitely should run it back because of the way it affected the scorecards. REPLAY would have shown that was a BS call. But, in this single instance, it might be good there was no replay bc I think Roach got hosed on the scorecards and I don't believe the WBA or Garcia would run it back with Roach if the knockdown was corrected and it ended up being a majority draw based on the effect that would have on the scorecards.
    Last edited by Tag, You're Hit; 11-28-2023, 09:15 PM.
    Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

Hahahha man gtfo with that BS to the back of the line for you after that weak ass performance you showed.

Comment

Mistakes happen, that's part of boxing. We've also seen fights where a fighter is dropped by a clean punch and that's ruled a slip.

Should we run back all the fights where this happens if it makes a crucial difference on the scorecards?

Comment

Rubbish! The fight was there to be won the last two rounds & Roach won them. Taylor was clearly knocked down by Cameron in the first & the very poor ref gave it a slip! That possibly charged the result more than Roach/Garcia. Roach won, move on.

Comment

Working...
          X