Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Not Critical Of Stevenson's Performance: "He Got A Belt, He Got His Check, It's A Good Day"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Not Critical Of Stevenson's Performance: "He Got A Belt, He Got His Check, It's A Good Day"

Andre Ward has always been there for Shakur Stevenson. The Hall of Famer was in the building on the night Stevenson won his first world title. He was also there when Stevenson unified the super featherweight division against Oscar Valdez. So, unsurprisingly, Ward sauntered into Stevenson's locker room earlier this month as he began wrapping his hands prior to his showdown with Edwin De Los Santos.
    [Click Here To Read More]

James Prince's boys always got each others backs.

Comment

The fans were critical, though. And they’re the ones who buy tickets and PPVs.

Making them not want to see your next fight is never a good look.

Comment

Next time Shakur the gost fights
        let runweather,Crawford,ward
        Pay him n only them go watch him fight
        No fans,
        let see if they still like him,,
        They only thinking on themselves not the fans
        shakutrash stevvenson
        Like canelo said
        Horrible fighter
        ​​​​
        ​​​​​

Comment

He doesn't owe anyone an exciting performance any more than he's owed an audience. I don't understand the anger, just skip his next fight and do something else. I skipped loads of Mayweather fights because I had no motivation to stay up half the night and watch him bore his way to a points victory over a succession of B fighters, as he did 2010 - 2015.
          kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Hence the reason Ward is remembered as a boring fighter who did just enough (and fought dirty) to win.

Comment

Andre Ward putting winning above entertaining. What a surprise!

Comment

Interesting way to spin things when you're talking about your friends.

“If Canelo is who he says he is, an all-time great, you got to take advantage of a fighter like that, who literally just showed up to get a cheque. The performance from Canelo was a little shocking. I thought he would do a little bit more... ~ Andre Ward

Source: Andre Ward's Scathing Review Of Canelo-GGG III - Boxing News (https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...251871)​
                Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 11-28-2023, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Andre Ward knew that entertaining the crowd isn't necessary

Comment

That's Ward's career in a nutshell
                    sege64 sege64 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X