Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De Los Santos' Promoter: Shakur Stevenson Hurt The Sport; Stole Money [From] The People

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De Los Santos' Promoter: Shakur Stevenson Hurt The Sport; Stole Money [From] The People

LAS VEGAS - Edwin De Los Santos' promoter compared Shakur Stevenson's subpar performance last week to stealing money. Sampson Lewkowicz also faulted his own fighter for failing to force Stevenson into engaging, but he sees Stevenson as primarily responsible for the complete lack of action in their 12-round, 135-pound championship bout November 16 at
    [Click Here To Read More]

No worries, no need for alarm. Boxing fans are used to this, Mayweather did this for multiple years and then some call him the " greatest of all time "........
    HandsofIron HandsofIron likes this.

Comment

I've always liked Stevenson and his skills but I can't say this promotor is wrong...

I actually saw it in some sparring before the fight, which made me frown.
      He is just very inactive and passive and throws very little. He mostly stands still in front of his opponent and waits for them to move first.
      The problem with Shakur is mainly that he lóóks for openings before he throws. He doesn't créate or forces them.
      And you can't create openings if you're not active, i.e. fainting, change angles or throwing.
      Last edited by PerfectJab; 11-24-2023, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Stole about an hour of peoples lives. Hopefully someone got good sleep while TRYING to watch his fight, I meant tag game.
        Last edited by boxingitis; 11-24-2023, 11:20 AM.
        eco1 eco1 pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

Can't disagree with anything this guy said either. Stevenson has to deliver or miss out on all the big fights among that rich 135/140 talent pool. Humble yourself, young man, and come back better.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
            No worries, no need for alarm. Boxing fans are used to this, Mayweather did this for multiple years and then some call him the " greatest of all time "........
            Ali started it, then Whitaker, and then Mayweather.

The 3 safety first runners.
            Last edited by HandsofIron; 11-24-2023, 11:55 AM.

Comment

No big deal some people blaming Shakur what about Santos the guy did not look good either missing shots all night it takes two to tango I think Santos got credit for accepting the fight when the rest said no including. Pit Bull, Loma, Tank, Haney

Comment

While I don't like Stevenson, buy the hype and while it was truly a pathetic performance lets not act like De Los Santos wasn't a huge factor himself. He didn't cut the ring off, he wasn't attempting to stabilise Shakur, never went to the body to try slow his movement or let his hands go.

Totally exposed as a very limited fighter who was simply happy gloating he made Shakur look bad rather than trying too actually win the fight.

They was both to blame.

Comment

Same thing will happen if they make the Tank-Shakur fight--Tank will have to chase him. Tank might catch him with one of those leaping right hooks or a left uppercut. Or will Shakur outpoint Tank too?

Comment

I mean he sorta has a point, but also ANYTHING in the entertainment world puts you into a your mileage my vary outcome.

You might like a movie that I might hate. I might like a movie that you might hate. And we both might hate The English Patient. But at the end of the day we all gambled our $12 at the movie theater to be entertained & sometimes it works out & sometimes it doesn't. And for boxers on the other side of things & involved in a sport this means goal #1 should be to win, goal #2 should be to entertain.

Comment

Working...
                    X