Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Jabs Shakur Stevenson: He Fights Too Cautiously, Will Do That Against Muratalla Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Jabs Shakur Stevenson: He Fights Too Cautiously, Will Do That Against Muratalla Too

Robert Garcia had some scouting work to do. Considering that he has Raymond Muratalla in his stable, the longtime trainer figured that it made the most sense to hop on a flight and head to Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Too sharp defensively? Too crafty? People have taken to the extreme to defend hit and dont get hit. This fight took the concept to its most ridiculous. It transcened past the hitting part and did away with it altogether. I dont know how to recognize such a masterful dominant performance. But I do know a complete piece of pugilism when I see it.
    Last edited by Wacked_Out; 11-22-2023, 11:13 AM.
    HandsofIron HandsofIron likes this.

Comment

Shakur is feather-fisted, doesn't have great footwork, all he does is step back, step back, and run in circles. Stands up too straight that doesn't allow him to generate power in his punches. Not enough waist, knee, and foot rotation to have power on his punches.

Most boring fighter in history predicted by Rolly.
      Last edited by boxingitis; 11-22-2023, 12:16 PM.

Comment

"Bob Arum, however, his longtime promoter, revealed that Stevenson suffered a severe shoulder injury well before entering the ring."

Come on Team De Le Santos, call out Arum's BS and take his company to court for not disclosing that info.

Comment

Stevenson vs. Muratalla! MAN UP!!!

Comment

There's honestly just one cure to this ailment and that's to not reward this type of fighting style. RE-define ring generalship. Every sport is evolving but boxing. I don't f**king get it. Stick to a ring size. Alter the rules. 6 clinches per round. Not engaging when not hurt should not be looked at as good ring generalship. Bring in an outside ref. The ring should be gladiator-style instead of it being elevated, this type of view skews the refs judgments most of the times.

This is just on top of my head. There's so much more outside the ring that could be done. (consolidate the belts, etc). But Boxing needs to evolve. ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by ValarMargulis View Post
              There's honestly just one cure to this ailment and that's to not reward this type of fighting style. RE-define ring generalship. Every sport is evolving but boxing. I don't f**king get it. Stick to a ring size. Alter the rules. 6 clinches per round. Not engaging when not hurt should not be looked at as good ring generalship. Bring in an outside ref. The ring should be gladiator-style instead of it being elevated, this type of view skews the refs judgments most of the times.

This is just on top of my head. There's so much more outside the ring that could be done. (consolidate the belts, etc). But Boxing needs to evolve. ASAP.
              Take points after the 3rd clinch per round. You can always tell who is engaging the clinch.

Comment

Boxing is becoming ritualistic in America. Making the other guy look bad, worse than you, but not hurting them. Shakur waltzed and got points for boxing. Hit and don't be hit has turned into tap and run, and grab. Defence to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  Boxing is becoming ritualistic in America. Making the other guy look bad, worse than you, but not hurting them. Shakur waltzed and got points for boxing. Hit and don't be hit has turned into tap and run, and grab. Defence to death.
                  Good observations Corelone!

Comment

Just don't understand He has literally been training with Ward (crafty, dirty inside fighter) and Crawford (everything) since the end of his amateur days. There should be more versatility to his fight game, especially the ability to fight on the inside. Santos had faster hands from the outside so it should have been an inside fight. i.e. Ward couldn't fight on the outside vs Kovalev's straight punches so he had to turn into a nasty inside fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X