Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Opetaia-Briedis II: IBF Purse Bid Canceled, Mandatory Title Fight To Be Revisited After Opetaia-Zorro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Opetaia-Briedis II: IBF Purse Bid Canceled, Mandatory Title Fight To Be Revisited After Opetaia-Zorro

Jai Opetaia will proceed with his next and is obligated to honor an ordered mandatory title defense. Both things remain true though the unbeaten lineal and IBF cruiserweight king is not in danger of being stripped of his physical title. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that a November 21 purse bid hearing was canceled, as Sydney's Opetaia and former three-time titlist Mairis Briedis have agreed to pause their previously ordered rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not a fan of rewarding inactivity like this.

Why not order Breidis vs Ramirez, Cieslak or whoever else occupies the top spots in the rankings.
    dan-b dan-b kiaba360 kiaba360 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Not a fan of rewarding inactivity like this.

Why not order Breidis vs Ramirez, Cieslak or whoever else occupies the top spots in the rankings.
      The CW division is painfully stagnant. I know Opetaia got his jaw broken, but what is Breidis' excuse for inactivity? Also, once again an ABC body rendering their own ranking system useless.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 11-21-2023, 02:08 PM.
      dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

The CW division is painfully stagnant. I know Opetaia got his jaw broken, but what is Breidis' excuse for inactivity?
        No idea, I know he had a scheduled fight in Scotland fall through but even that was only a tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

No idea, I know he had a scheduled fight in Scotland fall through but even that was only a tune up.
          Who needs to fight when you get handed a lucrative title shot for nothing?

Comment

However, the blessing came on the condition that their rematch would still occur within the assigned mandatory period.
            Interestingly, IBF didn't apply this condition when they allowed multiple postponements between Charlo and Murtazaliev.

Comment

Working...
            X