Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Vacates IBF Title In Lieu Of Mandatory Title Defense Versus Bakhram Murtazaliev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Vacates IBF Title In Lieu Of Mandatory Title Defense Versus Bakhram Murtazaliev

Jermell Charlo remains the true junior middleweight champion but is now two belts removed from undisputed status. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Houston's Charlo has vacated the IBF 154-pound title, in lieu of honoring an overdue mandatory title defense versus Bakhram Murtazaliev. A purse bid hearing scheduled for Tuesday was canceled given the circumstances, an IBF spokesperson confirmed. Russia's Murtazaliev will likely be ordered to next face Germany's Jack Culcay as the two highest ranked contenders in the IBF ratings. Both fighters not only anticipated such a move but previously confirmed a willingness to move forward with such a fight if it reached that point.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 11-22-2023, 02:02 AM.

He needs to fight Tim Tzyu or Crawford

Comment

I like 38 year old Jack Culcay's chances here.

Comment

The corruption is plain to see when you factor in how they treat fighters who aren't part of a particular outfit. Although it's not just the IBF, the WBA and WBC are worse.

It seems like the WBO are the most fair at the moment even though they're extremely close to Top Rank and Queensbury.
        W1LL W1LL James Hunt James Hunt like this.

Comment

About time these ABC orgs start enforcing rules. I don't see why fighting once a year would satisfy all mandatory obligations. Not to mention rematches, money grab offers, etc. It's just so silly.
          pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            I like 38 year old Jack Culcay's chances here.
            Was about to say the same thing.

Comment

Erickson Lubin bout to get his last chance at a world champion status at 154.
              Plick647 Plick647 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
                He needs to fight Tim Tzyu or Crawford
                I don't think that he beats either one. Do you think he's interested in either fight , or is he going to take the Canelo retirement fund and ride off into the sunset ? I hope not. There are lots of good fights available to him , and he needs a couple to wash the stench of the Canelo debacle off of him. At one point I was surprised when he didn't run out of the ring , out of the arena ,and jump in a waiting vehicle...lmao. That's how much he didn't want to fight.
                dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
                  The corruption is plain to see when you factor in how they treat fighters who aren't part of a particular outfit. Although it's not just the IBF, the WBA and WBC are worse.

It seems like the WBO are the most fair at the moment even though they're extremely close to Top Rank and Queensbury.
                  Yup. In order for me ATM is WBO, IBF, fcuk the last 2
                  James Hunt James Hunt likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoboxingscene View Post
                    Erickson Lubin bout to get his last chance at a world champion status at 154.
                    I hope so , and I hope that he wins finally.

Comment

Working...
                    X