Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Morrell Motivated To Impress as Headliner of Final Showtime Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Morrell Motivated To Impress as Headliner of Final Showtime Card

In what promises to be a historic night of boxing, local fan favorite David Morrell Jr. will return to The Armory in Minneapolis on Saturday, Dec. 16, to defend his WBA "Regular" Super Middleweight world title against highly regarded knockout artist Sena Agbeko of Ghana.
    [Click Here To Read More]

it is tough to get excited about the end of something as important as a boxing program that lasted 37 years but i will watch ................

Comment

David Morrell has to become more motivated, and fight at least 3 times a year.
      I mean he started his career off like he was an old seasoned veteran fighting only twice a year.
      He is a awesome fighter who's fought more experienced fighter's from jump street, and we want to see him fighting more often.

Comment

I expect Morrell to win, win big even, but B class. Morrell is in a hard place. He's in a hurry, but he's in no rush.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
          it is tough to get excited about the end of something as important as a boxing program that lasted 37 years but i will watch ................
          I know what you mean, it's a sad day.
          In my lifetime , I've seen boxing go from being on the major networks to soon only being on ESPN and streaming sites. It's a sad decline for what I consider the purest sport. It's even worse because we currently have probably the best amount of excellent and potentially great fighters that I've ever seen at one time. It's a shame how boxing has been killing itself over the years. It's no longer able to create stars that reach the mainstream consciousness . That should be easy with the internet and social media. Inactivity of the fighters is another thing that I think has really hurt boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

I know what you mean, it's a sad day.
            In my lifetime , I've seen boxing go from being on the major networks to soon only being on ESPN and streaming sites. It's a sad decline for what I consider the purest sport. It's even worse because we currently have probably the best amount of excellent and potentially great fighters that I've ever seen at one time. It's a shame how boxing has been killing itself over the years. It's no longer able to create stars that reach the mainstream consciousness . That should be easy with the internet and social media. Inactivity of the fighters is another thing that I think has really hurt boxing.
            like Rosanna Rosanna Dana used to say "it's always something"........ with boxing. Rating a HW MMA guy bc he might bring in a few bucks for one fight or something stupid like that hear what i am saying ? This social you speak of its not helping much either writers write to please Promo men and never move away from that target. Most do that. If social worked some one like you could make the point of boxing and all its sins and at the end said BOYCOTT PPV AND ALL FIGHTS FOR 30 to 45 days. And boxing would listen but no lets insult each other when we have a dif take on a boxing match or how boxing is a joke the promotion of boxing and the match making of boxing and the price to watch a lousy fight and lousy fight keep getting thrown out there. Can you say Sosure Shakur and not laugh and get irritated. Or HW divison and not want to walk away or how long it takes to make matchs that matter ? I agree with you but no one wants to act on it....................

Comment

Looking forward to this fight. Agbeko will be the toughest fight on paper for the young bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Looking forward to this fight. Agbeko will be the toughest fight on paper for the young bull.
                You must be looking at different papers than I'm looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

You must be looking at different papers than I'm looking at.
                  up until now, who else you think was his toughest?

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

up until now, who else you think was his toughest?
                    Aidos, maybe? Admittedly it doesn't take much to be the best of a pretty mediocre lot but I'm having a difficult time finding enthusiasm for this fight. This guy Agbeko got completely shutout by light hitting Vlad Shiskin. If this fight is even remotely competitive, it would result in a lot of folks, me included, having to reevaluate Morrell as a serious threat in the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X