Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: After What He Did To Fury, I'm Not Going To Write Ngannou Off Anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: After What He Did To Fury, I'm Not Going To Write Ngannou Off Anymore

Former two division world champion Andre Ward is still in disbelief over what took place last month in Saudi Arabia. In what was expected to be as complete mismatch, WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury bagged a razor-close ten round split decision win over MMA veteran Francis Ngannou, who was making his professional debut.
    [Click Here To Read More]

One of the most overrated boxers ever, fought cab drivers, ended his career way to early

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
      One of the most overrated boxers ever, fought cab drivers, ended his career way to early
      You forgot about the Super Six tournament?
      messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

good dont write him off another nail in the coffin of boxing is what i write him up as .............but you are a X fighter so you know better then anyone what is good for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post

That would be the highlight of his career and sum total of his achievements as a pro, not much though is it?!

Comment

Francis has embarrassed fury. But if francis does well against wilder, josh, usy k too then I don't think fury can carry all the blame. Boxing takes the blame

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
              He fought and beat 3 of the top 10 SMW’s of all time. Only the 2nd fighter as P4P #1 to beat the #2 P4P fighter in the world in the past 2 decades.

The fact, you’re bothered about a quote means you care. Go and achieve something in your life and stop getting worked up over a guy that retired 7 years ago lol.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

He fought and beat 3 of the top 10 SMW’s of all time. Only the 2nd fighter as P4P #1 to beat the #2 P4P fighter in the world in the past 2 decades.

The fact, you’re bothered about a quote means you care. Go and achieve something in your life and stop getting worked up over a guy that retired 7 years ago lol.
                LOL, well said. The only negative thing about Ward is that we didn't get to see him fight more, and much of his prime was spent sitting on the bench. But that was his choice, and it is what it is. He still showed he was a great fighter and extremely hard to beat, even though I thought Krusher edged it by a point in the 1st fight. His dismantling of Froch and Kessler were Floyd-esque.
                messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

My opinion stands, the woke boxing scene police don't like it; is amusing to me, the very fact that you feel the need o defend ward is fantastico after seven years, but then that's the whole point of a forum, I just thought you might have needed a reminder

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post

it was rigged in his favor and a farce. froch fought in 4 countries...ward in only his own because he refused to join unless he got his way, and then the actual fights my oh my how farcical some of them were with all his cheating, wrestling, headbutting, etc...its a nice boxrec career but he was manufactured thanks to politics. the kovalev fights fully exposed him, a clear loss in the first fight and then an absolute foul fest in the second
                    Last edited by daggum; 11-20-2023, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X