Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Exec on PBC: 'That Will Be an Obvious Growth Opportunity for DAZN Boxing'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DAZN Exec on PBC: 'That Will Be an Obvious Growth Opportunity for DAZN Boxing'

A top executive for DAZN has made it clear his company sees "growth opportunity" in acquiring the services of an attractive boxing property. Joe Markowski expressed keen interest in linking up with Premier Boxing Champions, the outfit founded by longtime boxing power broker Al Haymon that is in need of a new broadcasting home at the end of the year when Showtime Sports shuts down.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haymon lost 2 broadcast deals in 2 years.
    Helluva "Harvard scholar".

Comment

Dazn has claimed a loss of 6 billion since its inception and boxing is a major reason why. They’ve overpaid multiple fighters from Jacobs, to Canelo, to ggg, to Andrade and many others including several Brit hypejobs thanks to Hearn. Boxing is in the toilet because no current boxers are making the best fights available on a consistent basis and these networks/promotions encourage that, and now it’s biting all of them in the ass.
      PulpFriction PulpFriction likes this.

Comment

DAZN should make it clear they're no longer in the drunken sailors phase of their business.
        Greedy people might get disappointed expecting unrealistic money offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          Dazn has claimed a loss of 6 billion since its inception and boxing is a major reason why. They’ve overpaid multiple fighters from Jacobs, to Canelo, to ggg, to Andrade and many others including several Brit hypejobs thanks to Hearn. Boxing is in the toilet because no current boxers are making the best fights available on a consistent basis and these networks/promotions encourage that, and now it’s biting all of them in the ass.
          more so then "biting them " is has had a lasting depressive effect on boxing in the last several years. PBC would do nothing and will do nothing but push more PPV fights fights that never should be anything to what PPV events (?) were designed to do. but i hope they marry up with dumbzone and destroy each other by money losses in the Billions maybe then boxing will look at itself. Shakur is a perfect example of what boxing has become.....................as is Android as is Furry as is Josh..... the lists goes on............

Comment

If they go to DAZN I hope DAZN puts some money into their streaming platform cuz their sh^t was always super sketchy for me to watch which is why I jumped ship well before they price got crazy.

Comment

Dazn have been trying to get by on a plan of keeping their top fighters away from the best fights .The loss of billions tells a sad story.They obviously need to take a look at who is working for them and the trash they are turning out as it's clear , multi billions of times that it's not working.

Comment

Who cares how many billions of dollars they lost? They're still in business aren't they and I see no signs of them closing shop. Netflix and many other content providers spent that kind of money on their startups, amassing contents first. Have people become this dumb? And where is PBC now?

So far they've been putting out boxing events on a weekly basis. Which platform is doing that currently? Showtime only managed to put out boxing cards an average of one a month. And there are 4 weekends in a month!​ And most of them are PPVs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  If they go to DAZN I hope DAZN puts some money into their streaming platform cuz their sh^t was always super sketchy for me to watch which is why I jumped ship well before they price got crazy.
                  Don't count on it. Before I cancelled I was having old fights from their fking vault freezing and buffering.

Comment

Everyone on one network is great for boxing. Hopefully Top Rank join up too as rumour is ESPN are unlikely to renew in 2025...
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X