Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Apologizes To Mayweather, Ward, Crawford, Fans For 'Bad Performance'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Apologizes To Mayweather, Ward, Crawford, Fans For 'Bad Performance'

Shakur Stevenson spent a lot of time apologizing following his "bad performance" against Edwin De Los Santos on Thursday night. The unbeaten Stevenson repeatedly refrained from offering excuses for fighting extremely cautiously against the dangerous De Los Santos. The three-division champion also refused to address speculation that he entered the ring at T-
    [Click Here To Read More]

It happens , you're going to have a ****t night sooner or later. De Los Santos didn't exactly cover himself in glory either.
    I feel bad for Shakur , ****ting the bed on such a big and hyped occasion is surely embarrassing for him. Having three great fighters wuth him sure doesn't help either.
    Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
      It happens , you're going to have a ****t night sooner or later. De Los Santos didn't exactly cover himself in glory either.
      I feel bad for Shakur , ****ting the bed on such a big and hyped occasion is surely embarrassing for him. Having three great fighters wuth him sure doesn't help either.
      De Los Santos was at least trying to make it a fight at times. Anyone can have a bad night though
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Keep your head up, champ. Babe Ruth didn't hit it out the park every time he was at bat.

Comment

I wonder why DLS never tried to step into another gear. Shakur is perfectly happy to keep banking rounds at that pace.

Comment

Sometimes styles just do not jive. I have a feeling the Fury/Usyk fight will be bad as well. Just two styles that do not make for a good fight.

Comment

he really damaged his brand. Who is going to pay to watch him? Who is going to put their fighter in against a guy willing to stink the joint out so badly?

Comment

apologize to yourself

cos you aint getting those big money fights no more

that's boxing

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
                  I like you, pnut901, but the problem with Shakur is this isn't exactly an outlier performance. Maybe on the extreme of bad/boring, but he's pretty much always boring. His prior fight he was pretty good, but even the fights against Valdez and Conceição were boring. I remember Tim Bradley calling him out for being boring vs Nakathila. Unless a fighter is over the hill (Herring) or horribly out of their depth (Caraballo, Guevara, and everybody else he's KO'd) he's gonna be boring. Fine. Be that way. Win belts. But promoters, don't try to push him as some "attraction." Even Malignaggi who you KNEW wasn't gonna knock anybody out was good to watch.
                  pnut901 pnut901 real raw real raw like this.

Comment

This is the guy who deserves the big fights, huh?

Comment

Working...
                    X