Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum On Thursday Night, Late Start ET: People Who Control The Money [ESPN] Call The Shots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum On Thursday Night, Late Start ET: People Who Control The Money [ESPN] Call The Shots

By Keith Idec - Bob Arum admits this is a tougher sell than usual. Shakur Stevenson is one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in boxing, but promoting a card on a Thursday night isn't ideal, even in "The Fight Capital of the World." The late start on the East Coast to this ESPN doubleheader Stevenson and Edwin De Los Santos will headline, 10:30 p.m. ET, won't help viewership, either.
    [Click Here To Read More]

STUPID decision to do it that late on a Thursday night. The numbers will suffer badly from this.

Comment

“If this show was in Newark, it would do a lot better,” Arum said.

That's an understatement, if there ever was one! Going up against Ravens vs. Bengals? Maybe they thought people would tune in after the game? Both fighters have WAY more fan support on the East Coast, then you not only put the fight on the West Coast, you put on a Thursday, and finally you put it on at 10:00PM EST, when all those East Coast fans have to go to sleep, to get up for work on Friday? Extra disrespectful for Shakur!!!

Baltimore Baltimore likes this.

Comment

This has to sting for Shakur. Going through bs like this while someone he's better than unifies, beats a legend, and is already on to the next division. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post
          This has to sting for Shakur. Going through bs like this while someone he's better than unifies, beats a legend, and is already on to the next division. Sheesh.
          If only he was not getting greedy by rejecting the 25 offer...Shakur should been fighting Haney instead of De Los Santos for undisputed around now (for more money), offering a fight to Loma next for undisputed (which I think Loma will accept), and then as the undisputed light weight be calling out Tank Davis for more $$$
          Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
            If only he was not getting greedy by rejecting the 25 offer...Shakur should been fighting Haney instead of De Los Santos for undisputed around now (for more money), offering a fight to Loma next for undisputed (which I think Loma will accept), and then as the undisputed light weight be calling out Tank Davis for more $$$
            I think Haney would have found a different reason to not take the fight IMO. He's not making 135, he's going to have a hard time making 140 going forward.

Comment

Works great for me since I'm working nights this week though!

Comment

I don't mind it being in the middle of the week, but if they are going to have 4 or 5 fights before the main event, I'm not sure I'm going to still be awake. That's one of my problems with Top Rank shows on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
                  I get believing in himself, but at 25%, even if he wins, he still loses. Rematch clause would probably say same terms. These young champions.. lol.

Comment

I'm missing this one because of a prior engagement and work tomorrow, and I'm willing to bet a lot of other people will miss it too...

Comment

Working...
                    X