Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Weighs Well Below Lightweight Limit For Title Fight With Edwin De Los Santos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Weighs Well Below Lightweight Limit For Title Fight With Edwin De Los Santos

LAS VEGAS - Shakur Stevenson came in well below the lightweight limit Wednesday afternoon for his 12-round, 135-pound title fight against Edwin De Los Santos on Thursday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wouldn't say we'll below but lower than Edwin. Guess he learned from missing weight at 130
    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Last time I checked, you DONT need to come in at the weight limit.
      Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

133.8 is hardly well below.
        4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

thought i was going to see 132 or something like that
          4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Welp. There goes the notion of Shakur being ‘huge’ LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              133.8 is hardly well below.
              1.2lb is a notable difference in boxing, that’s why some fighters have catchweights with a 1-2lb difference from their respective original division. Canelo at 155 for example.

Tank-Garcia 136lb.

Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
                Wouldn't say we'll below but lower than Edwin. Guess he learned from missing weight at 130
                I don’t recall the last time a fighter came in at 133 at lightweight, shows he’s disciplined and really isn’t that big imo.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                  Last time I checked, you DONT need to come in at the weight limit.
                  You don’t. But most fighters struggle with weight because they’re big for the division. Seems to be the opposite with Shakur, he isn’t that big.
                  El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

1.2lb is a notable difference in boxing, that’s why some fighters have catchweights with a 1-2lb difference from their respective original division. Canelo at 155 for example.

Tank-Garcia 136lb.
                    It's not really. It's essentially 1 lb under which happens regularly.

Comment

Working...
                    X