Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edwin De Los Santos Hungry To Stamp His Name in Dominican Boxing History With Title Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edwin De Los Santos Hungry To Stamp His Name in Dominican Boxing History With Title Win

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Before you say it, don't. We're well aware that Jose Valenzuela is not Shakur Stevenson. He's won eight fewer fights. He's been beaten twice. And chances are he'll never be a champion. But it wasn't that long ago that people were pretty high on him. Just 14 months ago, in fact, he was an unbeaten PBC prospect entering a scheduled 10-rounder in Los Angeles with a short-notice longshot named Edwin De Los Santos.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Appreciate these breakdowns. De La Santos intrigues me, but Shakur just appears to be on another level and he's cosigned by a lot of top fighters.

Comment

Regardless of the result, credit to Santos for actually signing his contract and agreeing to take on Shakur, and seriously going for the win as well.

I know when the fallout happened it was before Haney was stripped, but in hindsight with this becoming for the vacant belt, I wonder if Frank Martin is somewhat wishing maybe he had taken the fight for a chance to get the belt.

Comment

I'm lookin' forward to this fight, but I don't think Shakur is going to lose until he goes up to 140 or 147.

It's going to be hard to beat him with his reaction time, quickness, and defense at this stage of his career.

I think he's the closest thing to Pernell that I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.neezie View Post
          Appreciate these breakdowns. De La Santos intrigues me, but Shakur just appears to be on another level and he's cosigned by a lot of top fighters.
          i know who i would rather see win so maybe something will happen like a fight will break out in the ring some cuts a few miscalculations a ref who lets it go too long in the corner anything to make it a fight not a lesson in boxing skills and one sided at that......
          mr.neezie Dee @ PYP Boxing likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X