No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia vs. Oscar Duarte - Undercard Information

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia vs. Oscar Duarte - Undercard Information

Golden Boy has set down the undercard for the return of "King" Ryan Garcia (23-1, 19 KOs), who will face the dangerous knockout artist Oscar "La Migrana" Duarte (26-1-1, 21 KOs) in a super lightweight fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Barroso KOs Davies.

Comment

Good card all around
      Chalk one up for Golden Boy

Comment

Good to see prospect Gael Cabrera fight an undefeated opponent in his third bout.

Glad that Ismael Barroso is starring as a co-main event after getting prematurely stopped by Romero for the title despite winning mostly in their bout.

Nice to see Floyd "Kid Austin" Schofield back, this feels like a step backwards in terms of opposition, but at least he is keeping busy.

Not sure how to feel about Shane Mosley Jr taking on another experienced journeyman, he isn't exactly in a division stacked with talent at 160.

Not sure why Sean Garcia is fighting, he had given up quite early despite having a solid amateur background like his brother. I mean, similarly to Mosley Jr, he can do whatever he wants, just not sure what their objectives are.
        Last edited by Feroz; 11-13-2023, 03:08 PM.
        BrilliantAJ BrilliantAJ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post
          Good to see prospect Gael Cabrera fight an undefeated opponent in his third bout.

Glad that Ismael Barroso is starring as a co-main event after getting prematurely stopped by Romero for the title despite winning mostly in their bout.

Nice to see Floyd "Kid Austin" Schofield back, this feels like a step backwards in terms of opposition, but at least he is keeping busy.

Not sure how to feel about Shane Mosley Jr taking on another experienced journeyman, he isn't exactly in a division stacked with talent at 160.

Not sure why Sean Garcia is fighting, he had given up quite early despite having a solid amateur background like his brother. I mean, similarly to Mosley Jr, he can do whatever he wants, just not sure what their objectives are.
          My one peeve with this card. Schofield is far better than this level of opposition. Barroso-Davies should be exciting, I'll be rooting for OD as a Brit but Barroso deserves another shot nonetheless.

I wonder who they cash Mosley Jr out to. I thought they might do a co-promotion with Ryder-Munguia and have him in with Ammo as the co-main but evidently a little far fetched.
          El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

My one peeve with this card. Schofield is far better than this level of opposition. Barroso-Davies should be exciting, I'll be rooting for OD as a Brit but Barroso deserves another shot nonetheless.

I wonder who they cash Mosley Jr out to. I thought they might do a co-promotion with Ryder-Munguia and have him in with Ammo as the co-main but evidently a little far fetched.
            I definitely do think Kid Austin is ready to step up the level of competition with being quite technically good enough to take on the top level, but the guy has to work on his stamina, guy had just moved to ten rounders with him tiring out late in 2 out of 3 bouts. Probably take on someone like Rene Alvarado, Jezreel Corrales or Joseph Diaz for the mean time.

Barroso had the opportunity of a lifetime to become champ at the very end of his career, and it was taken away by the ref in favor of the in-house fighter. Hopefully he gets a better shake in this bout whether he loses or wins.

Matchroom and GBP don't really have any prospects or contenders at middleweight besides Aaron Silva (who just lost to a 19 year old prospect), Ammo Williams and Nikita Ababiy, Elijah Garcia fought for matchroom as a prospect but considering his latest performances, doubt PBC will let him go now. Alexis Espino was going to move down to 160, but his loss to Aaron Silva got him cut and he had lost motivation to fight altogether when different promotions showed lesser amount of money.

Comment

They need to start boycotting dumb states like Texas that have commissions that invalidate fight results for positive marijuana tests.

Comment

An undercard for an undercard fight?

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  An undercard for an undercard fight?
                  Your posts are always racially motivated you racist pos.

If this fight was between Ju'wan Huckelbut and Ny'quil Vicks you would be applauding it.

Comment

War Barroso!

He was shafted hard with Rolly. Rooting for the old cat to come back and get justice.

Comment

Working...
                    X