Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez Jr: Weight Had A Lot To Do With Losses To Terence Crawford, Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez Jr: Weight Had A Lot To Do With Losses To Terence Crawford, Danny Garcia

Jose Benavidez Jr. readily admits that his two professional losses came against elite-level opponents. The former WBA interim super lightweight champion cannot help but think, though, that those two fights would've unfolded differently if he didn't have significant difficulty getting down to 147 pounds and later 154 pounds. Benavidez
    [Click Here To Read More]

Excuses

Comment

Pretty sure it has more to do with being shot

Comment

I smell a size-able chance of an upset here - what with all the issues surrounding Charlo too

Comment

Maybe worth an underdog bet. There could be a mental blowout with Charlo.

Comment

Getting stopped by bud is one thing but Danny Garcia? He doesn't knock out anybody. And Danny isn't an "elite" type of fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
              Getting stopped by bud is one thing but Danny Garcia? He doesn't knock out anybody. And Danny isn't an "elite" type of fighter
              He didn’t get stopped by Danny, but he was clearly beat even though it was a MD

Comment

He was fighting at 140 a few fights prior to the Crawford fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                  He was fighting at 140 a few fights prior to the Crawford fight.

bingo

these guys always got an excuse. "i was drained" or "i was injured", they can never admit they just lost to the better fighter.

losing to a shot danny garcia doesnt say much good for him and he cant claim he was drained then after jumping so many weight classes in a relatively short time.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

bingo

these guys always got an excuse. "i was drained" or "i was injured", they can never admit they just lost to the better fighter.

losing to a shot danny garcia doesnt say much good for him and he cant claim he was drained then after jumping so many weight classes in a relatively short time.
                    Weight in boxing is often a fck up, they try so hard to be as light as they can and it just hurts them and often they don't realise what it was doing until they go up, he didn't say he was drained he said making weight hurt him, there is a difference between flat and drained.

An excuse is not always some lying scam to save face it can be true gotta see the results of moving up to really know if they were telling the truth, in world-class competition it doesn't take much where a guy is not firing at his best, with the very top guys they are so good they still win on their bad days, but that next level down they often get a lot of troubles.
                    Last edited by Roadblock; 11-12-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X