Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Simpson's Manager Expects Fireworks in Jack Cullen Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Simpson's Manager Expects Fireworks in Jack Cullen Clash

So far, Callum Simpson has served an almost perfect apprenticeship. Next year the super middleweight will get the opportunity to graduate.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He should fight Mark Jeffers in the meantime. Jeffers was shafted by the board not getting a mandatory slot IMO. Especially considering he beat Chelli who’s been ordered to fight the winner of Cullen and Simpson.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      He should fight Mark Jeffers in the meantime. Jeffers was shafted by the board not getting a mandatory slot IMO. Especially considering he beat Chelli who’s been ordered to fight the winner of Cullen and Simpson.
      Would love to see it but no way that happens surely. Jeffers is actually a good fighter. If he loses the Board will take his shot away as well. I’d anticipate a keep-busy, but even so surely Cullen will be ready by March or April? Simpson just fought September 30th. Surely no need?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

Would love to see it but no way that happens surely. Jeffers is actually a good fighter. If he loses the Board will take his shot away as well. I’d anticipate a keep-busy, but even so surely Cullen will be ready by March or April? Simpson just fought September 30th. Surely no need?
        Yeah I agree, it’ll be another Macias type. I rate Simpson but I do wonder whether the Cullen fight is coming a little early for him.

Comment

Yeah I agree, it’ll be another Macias type. I rate Simpson but I do wonder whether the Cullen fight is coming a little early for him.
          Equally, they may think the Heffron fight was a combination of impatience from Heffron and simply a great shot from Cullen. Might think he won’t repeat it if Simpson is more disciplined in his tactics, as he hasn’t really stopped anyone since he was at English level and he’s been stopped himself four times. Got to say it’s a winnable fight for the British - I didn’t have Cullen being British champ on my 2023 predictions if we’re being honest!

Comment

Equally, they may think the Heffron fight was a combination of impatience from Heffron and simply a great shot from Cullen. Might think he won’t repeat it if Simpson is more disciplined in his tactics, as he hasn’t really stopped anyone since he was at English level and he’s been stopped himself four times. Got to say it’s a winnable fight for the British - I didn’t have Cullen being British champ on my 2023 predictions if we’re being honest!
            Yeah Cullen isn’t really a puncher, he just seemed to time Heffron perfect with the left hook- I believe it was. I also picked Heffron, he really struggled with Cullen’s length/reach, he couldn’t get out of range.

It’s seemingly a calculated risk by Boxxer. Simpson sells a lot of tickets so if they can get him in some meaningful fights, he can likely start headlining shows in the North West.

Comment

Yeah Cullen isn’t really a puncher, he just seemed to time Heffron perfect with the left hook- I believe it was. I also picked Heffron, he really struggled with Cullen’s length/reach, he couldn’t get out of range.

It’s seemingly a calculated risk by Boxxer. Simpson sells a lot of tickets so if they can get him in some meaningful fights, he can likely start headlining shows in the North West.
              Yeah I think that's spot on. You wouldn't think it's a problem Simpson's likely to have with his dimensions. It's definitely a calculated risk but it makes sense, seems to have aligned perfectly for them to get him a British shot on their own promotion.

I know you said you think this British shot could be early for him, but how would you assess his potential if you had to guess? Think he'll get past European level?

Comment

Yeah I think that's spot on. You wouldn't think it's a problem Simpson's likely to have with his dimensions. It's definitely a calculated risk but it makes sense, seems to have aligned perfectly for them to get him a British shot on their own promotion.

I know you said you think this British shot could be early for him, but how would you assess his potential if you had to guess? Think he'll get past European level?
                The one time I watched him live, I really liked the look of him. Was on the Okolie-Light card. I thought he looked a little bit raw in his fights with Crighton and Macias though, was loading up a lot and rushing his work. I think a European title is definitely a realistic ambition for him, I always root for kids who come through the small hall system so I hope he does well.
                BrilliantAJ BrilliantAJ likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X