Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vazquez: Cordina Had No Power; Foster, Hernandez, Navarrete Will Walk Through This Guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vazquez: Cordina Had No Power; Foster, Hernandez, Navarrete Will Walk Through This Guy

Boxing fans began to take notice of Joe Cordina's power after his vicious second-round knockout of Kenichi Ogawa and his knockdown of Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov in back-to-back bouts before he encountered Edward Vazquez on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cordina lost this fight.
    He should spend less time blowing smoke up his overrated arse and more on his craft.

Comment

I thought it was a close fight that could've gone either way. I wasn't surprised to see Cordina get the nod, but neither do I think the decision was any kind of gift to him. Neither guy came close to hurting the other so neither seems to be a big hitter in the division. Navarrette would be a clear favorite over both. Cordina has solid skills but he always seems to be pulling out of the exchange with a bit too much emphasis on slick boxing than really hurting his opponent. Had he given Vasquez a bit more shoulder on the inside to push him back after landing combinations, I think he could have made the win more convincing, but he kept pulling out early and letting Vasquez land the flashier shots on the way out. The fight was overall entertainng from a boxing purist's angle, but the lack of power from both guys probably made it fairly boring to all but hardcore fans, so there won't be a rematch. Cordina is onto bigger fights.
      Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 11-07-2023, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X