Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada-Ioka Talks Stall, Title Unification Clash Highly Doubtful For New Year's Eve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Estrada-Ioka Talks Stall, Title Unification Clash Highly Doubtful For New Year's Eve

A title unification and year-end boxing tradition are both in jeopardy of not taking place. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that talks have dramatically stalled between the respective teams of Juan Francisco Estrada and Kazuto Ioka. More than a month after appearing to be on a collision course, the planned lineal, WBC and WBA junior bantamweight championship unification is now very unlikely to occur by year's end, if ever at all.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The top guys continue to NOT fight.

Comment

Sounds like Estrada was expecting more money than the Japanese are prepared to pay him.

Ioka v Nakatani?

Comment

I can't blame Estrada for wanting fair compensation. I really hope that they are able to salvage the fight.

Comment

You can’t expect Estrada to take an paycut after he just beat Chocolatito and wrapped up that trilogy. WTF?

Ioka is lowballing.

Comment

Welp, after the news started to be less and less frequent as we got closer and closer to December I was starting to have a bad omen but I guess it is a no go...crap news after the potential news of Teraji's unification attempt with Gonzalez hitting a potential halt due to the opponent about to be stripped of his belt. Unfortunately for Teraji and Ioka, they were on the latter half of their career by the time Inoue made boxing a Japanese public news topic again and also lacked the flashy-ness of Inoue, so the purse isn't as high yet for them.

Well Nakatani, you are my next hope after Inoue when it comes to Japanese public casual attention (aka purse power) ...younger (25 compared to 31 Teraji and 34 Ioka), more flashier (26-0, 19 KO), and is about to go up to bantamweight if he can't score an unification with someone. Unfortunately I don't think Ioka-Nakatani is going to happen in New Years because Ioka already ducked him once.

Comment

Working...
            X