Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Eager To Make a Statement Against Lawson on January 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Eager To Make a Statement Against Lawson on January 6

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, undefeated knockout artist Vergil Ortiz, Jr. (19-0, 19 KOs) of Grand Prairie, Texas will make his return to the ring in a new division against Accra, Ghana's Fredrick "General Okunka" Lawson (30-3, 22 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

The first statement will be that he can make weight without collapsing. The second statement will be that he will look normal in the ring and not be a degraded version of himself. Lawson is not a natural 154 pound fighter and was past it years ago so there is no statement there. But that is less important than Ortiz health and well-being in his first out in quite some time. I hope Ortiz can rise up because this was his way to make a great living and that cutting short would be really sad.
    Last edited by richardt; 11-02-2023, 05:13 PM.

Comment

vegas ED on standby

Comment

Hopefully that statement isn't "I'm pulling out of the fight because I'm getting hospitalized again."

Comment

Super welter is small mw? so 154? Not to sound like an idiot probably Google it now

Comment

Originally posted by Kpmaryland View Post
            Super welter is small mw? so 154? Not to sound like an idiot probably Google it now
            Yes, 154 = super welterweight or Junior middleweight
            Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Well, he surely isn't interested in making a statement against Stanionis...Unless avoiding him is THE statement.

Comment

just showing up on fight night would be a huge statement for this guy

Comment

154 might be too light. I think making weight doesn't agree with him, something is wrong. I'm not putting him down as an athlete, but boxing takes 100%.

Comment

Hope the weight helps Ortiz but we won't know until fight time

Comment

Working...
                    X