Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves: I Don't Think It's Usyk Next For Fury; It's Either Ngannou Or That's The Last Of Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves: I Don't Think It's Usyk Next For Fury; It's Either Ngannou Or That's The Last Of Fury

George Groves doesn't just think Tyson Fury's fight with Francis Ngannou will simply delay his title unification showdown with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think George is talking about how he felt after his brutal KO to Froch .It was a wake up call for Fury .Tyson will rematch Ngannou eventually if Ngannou rolls on and will struggle again as Francis takes away a lot of Fury's advantages ie. strength, a rare ability to not bother about his faints which is one of Tysons main ways in apart from his freakish size and of course the fear of that massive punch when his does come in and commit .Tyson knows Usyk , although a master boxer can't afford to ignore all this and that makes it a totally different fight. I expect Fury to fight Usyk jan/feb time and beat him.

Comment

Well they have till march that's when the contract is up because it's only valid till the end of the Riyadh season but who knows where Fury's heads at right now because to get pushed close by a debutant in boxing is pretty embarrassing especially when a big undisputed fight against a great fighter in Usyk.. I'd be surprised if it happens in February tbh can see this going belly up before the year ends

Comment

I think people are getting a little lost in this fight. Ngannou fought well and was very effective, and Fury obviously underperformed. But a motivated Fury may be a dangerous animal indeed. I favor Usyk and have this entire time. I have been the biggest Usyk fan on this site since before he was undisputed at CW. But I have NEVER thought Fury has been worried about Usyk. Ever. This undisputed fight will happen. Fury will not be able to deal with Ngannou dropping him being his legacy. A victory over the well decorated Usyk erases all that and the money is good.
        Smash Smash thack thack like this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          I think George is talking about how he felt after his brutal KO to Froch .It was a wake up call for Fury .
          Groves is giving an opinion on a professional boxer, from the perspective of a professional boxer, based on his experience as a professional boxer.

“There is no way [Fury] didn’t wake up the next morning [after the Ngannou fight] with loads of doubts. ‘Have I still got it anymore? Why could I not handle this guy comfortably?,’ ” Groves said. “He might be questioning, ‘Do I really want to do it anymore?’ ”
          He might be right?​​​​​​

Comment

I think that's the end of fury you won't see him in the ring again unless it's a complete mismatch cherrypick

He will avoid top level now and ride off into the sunset with his fake win and nutthugging fans clinging onto the corrupt scorecards

Comment

That's spot on. Fury has had a weak reign.

His best wins are against a flawed Wilder who knocked him down several times and almost out

Otto Wallin was a nobody but arguably beat Fury and definitely beat him up.

Then he got knocked down and nearly beat by a first time boxer.

His best win ever may be the Dillian Whyte knockout.

There's a perfectly valid argument Fury's reign was all smoke and mirrors.

Comment

No Fury fan here, after the kd i was actually hoping for the big upset by stoppage, it would have been too funny to watch....expecially the aftermath!
                That said, i'm 100% convinced that greedy belly didn't train properly and underestimeted Ngannou, and once he got in there and things took the wrong turn, he wasn't capable to mentally switch into a more competitive mindset and struggled way more than he expected​.
                To me there is too much commotion about what was supposed to be a glorified sparring session, pretty sure that with the belt on the line we would have seen a diffrent Fury!

Comment

Originally posted by ProblemChild_JakePaul View Post
                  That's spot on. Fury has had a weak reign.

His best wins are against a flawed Wilder who knocked him down several times and almost out

Otto Wallin was a nobody but arguably beat Fury and definitely beat him up.

Then he got knocked down and nearly beat by a first time boxer.

His best win ever may be the Dillian Whyte knockout.

There's a perfectly valid argument Fury's reign was all smoke and mirrors.
                  I love it when people mention the Wallin fight as a loss for Fury because it shows who the idiots are.
                  Fury clearly won the Wallin fight with at least 7 rounds in Fury's favor. Besides the cut and round 12, where Fury clearly gassed, Wallin had little to no success which is why Wallin did everything possible to paw at the cut because it was his only shot at victory.
                  People think a cut or a KD wins you the fight but those things mean nothing if you lose rounds. Wallin was getting tossed around the ring by round 5 or 6.
                  JeBron Lamez JeBron Lamez likes this.

Comment

Win or lose
                    Scared or motivated
                    Embarrassment or pride
                    Trash or Elite
                    No matter what Fury is or feels like is irrelevant. The Saudi's have signed contracts and Fury will not turn down tens of millions of dollars regardless of how he looks against Usyk.
                    A loss to Usyk leads to a rematch or Fury can face AJ for another paycheck.
                    Then you have another Saudi fight with Ngannou to milk the mma views as mma fans don't understand that a cut and a kd don't win fights in boxing.
                    Even lower you have a 4th fight against Wilder, a decent scrap against Andy, or a decent fight against Zhang.

So either Fury collects a retirement check or he goes on to collect more paychecks. The Usyk fight will happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X