Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz-Fredrick Lawson To Headline Jan. 6 DAZN Show In Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz-Fredrick Lawson To Headline Jan. 6 DAZN Show In Las Vegas

Vergil Ortiz is set to return to the ring at a new weight. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the unbeaten knockout artist will headline a January 6 DAZN show versus Fredrick Lawson, in what will mark his junior middleweight debut. The show is due to take place at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, confirming a month-long venue hold by Golden Boy Promotions with the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tim Tzsyu would be watching Ortiz in this fight intently.

Comment

Ortiz is a sick man. I don't see him as 100% anymore. Even at the higher weight, something isn't right. Will he wind up in the hospital again and go to 160? I don't think that's the right remedy.

Comment

Welcome Back Vergil!!!

Comment

What’s the new weight 154 or 160?

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            Ortiz is a sick man. I don't see him as 100% anymore. Even at the higher weight, something isn't right. Will he wind up in the hospital again and go to 160? I don't think that's the right remedy.
            if the only problem was a need to jump up one weight class his people should have realized that long before he had all his health problems. i always liked watching him fight, seeing where his progression would take him in the ring but yea like you mentioned there might be more to this situation then just a jump in weight class and if so they are in for some real trouble. And another thing there should be some standard in boxing where when a fighter declines a fight from heath reasons he has to prove himself fit to continue not just move up a class. But this is boxing so it goes and so it goes until someone dies then people might pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfall View Post
              What’s the new weight 154 or 160?
              154. We'll see how Vergil is both physically and mentally. Rhabdo might be on the back of his mind all camp, let's see if that affects his performance or not.

Comment

When he could make weight, he kept his KO streak intact. When he couldn't, he was hospitalized.

154 is getting a flood of talent this year. Hope he can stay the course.

Comment

Stationnis too dangerous. Ortiz going for 154 and good money before retiring with health issues.

Comment

Proceed with caution on buying tickets to this event since Ortiz might pull out again at the last minute. This guy is playing with fire jeopardizing his health. Sooner or later he's going to find that out.

Comment

Working...
                    X