Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robbery, Schmobbery: Competitive Fight Doesn't Mean Tyson Fury Lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robbery, Schmobbery: Competitive Fight Doesn't Mean Tyson Fury Lost

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Buckle up, folks. It's time for a post-weekend game of two truths and a lie. 1) Francis Ngannou was better in the ring than we thought he'd be. 2) Francis Ngannou will get a big audience for his next boxing match. 3) Francis Ngannou defeated Tyson Fury. Spoiler alert, everyone. The third one is the lie. Though the ex-UFC strongman far..
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boxing is funny..

Crawford vs Spence didn't deliver.. Charlo vs Canelo didn't deliver.. Inoue vs Fulton didn't deliver...Tank vs Garcia didn't deliver...

But Fury vs Francis delivered, when it was looked at as the weakest of the aforementioned fights..

Expect the unexpected when two men enter a ring.

Comment

These MMA/Misfits guys always claim robberies.

A close fight isn't a robbery, a robbery is something like Manny vs Bradley or Taylor vs Catterall

Comment

Given the context, anything less than a dominant win for Fury with a stoppage by the 6th was a loss for him. He embarrassed himself.

Comment

If McGregor sent Mayweather to the canvas while he was still an active undefeated champion.. it doesn't matter what the scorecards say. Damage. done.

Comment

When its a close fight and a knock down is involved that normally makes the difference. Oops it depends on the fighter. Translation- the money talks boxing politics and racism

Comment

Although I love your articles I have to disagree this time Lyle. With no belt on the line and no actual champion status for either man in terms of the contest on the night there was no ripping away of any titles to be done. Usually when there's a close fight like this and it goes one way and it's a bit of a screamer - people can say "well you've got to really rip the belt away from the champ to get the W".

There was no champ. No ripping required. Everyone saw the same thing. One guy in control and one guy bricking it for 7 and a half rounds.

Comment

The fact that the author of this article uses stats that are from Compubox as a source of who landed more renders his comments unreliable and pretty arrogant that he is so convinced.

Compubox (in the words of the founder):
                ===============================
                "Two operators sit ringside with laptops, each focusing on the actions of a designated fighter. When fighter A throws a punch, operator A enters this into the system. The same goes for fighter B and operator B.

“It’s pretty uncomplicated,” CompuBox owner Canobbio admits. “We have keys for jabs connected, jabs missed, power punches connected and power punches missed. For lack of a better description, we consider any non-jab a power punch.

"Including myself, there are nine operators in the mix now,” states Canobbio. “As well as the likes of my sons Nic and Dan"

I believe those who watched fight objectively saw that Fury clearly lost. I think he would have won more convincingly had he not under-estimated Ngannou but that's another point. He lost on the night.

I seriously hope that AI does away with this garbage Compubox that is really open to potential corruption due to it's unscientific methods and very circumspect organisation.

Comment

Whilst I agree with the premise of Fury not losing the reality that he was abysmal, he's touted not that I personally agree as a generational talent.

And what we found to be true, harkening back to what Cunningham said is he wins because he's big when he can't lean, impose his size and force you to have to have to carry his weight, he's basically out of ideas.

Generational talents/alleged “ATGs” shouldn't be found wanting when plan A doesn't work.

So I stand what I said multiple years ago, Fury manages his career in a similar manner to Mayweather, he picks and chooses who he fights based on what he deems an appropriate risk or when the risky opponent is deemed sufficiently softened up. ​​

Comment

This is professional boxing not amateur , ngannou controlled the centre of the ring , fury did not make his head snap from a single punch of does pitty pat punches, fury was scared and held on for dear life nearly every round , he tried to stand toe to toe but got scared , anyone who thinks fury won is deluded , look at the damage to his face , these were just two low level fighters fighting each other , neither belongs in the top ten , fury never was or has been special , only a white who speaks english so the great white hype

Comment

Working...
                    X