Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Trainer Says Fighters Have Been Turning Down '$4 Million' Payday: 'That's a Tragedy'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Trainer Says Fighters Have Been Turning Down '$4 Million' Payday: 'That's a Tragedy'

The risk-reward calculus to fight Deontay Wilder apparently does not check out for many fighters, even when a potential $4 million windfall is to be had, according to Wilder's trainer, Malik Scott.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Scott straight up begging anyone to take this 4 mil to keep his fighter active but I'm sure somehow that's Wilder's fault too. I'll just have to wait for the clowns to explain.
    crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
      Scott straight up begging anyone to take this 4 mil to keep his fighter active but I'm sure somehow that's Wilder's fault too. I'll just have to wait for the clowns to explain.
      Its a shame because that's the fight that should be headling the December 9th card.

Wilder vs Ruiz Jr instead of a Floyd cherry pick.

Wilder vs Ruiz
      Thurman vs Stanionis
      Lara vs Danny
      Vargas vs Figueroa

That's a ppv card
      Last edited by Hustle; 10-25-2023, 08:54 AM.

Comment

What's was Wilders $?
        sege64 sege64 likes this.

Comment

Ruiz is a former title holder that knocked Joshua out and damaged him for life, and he has never been stopped. He has the tools to make it a long night for Wilder, he is fast with power and has boxing skills.

Wilder just got pummeled like a ragdoll twice by Fury. He fought a Helenius who apparently was told to fight like Fury, which he can't, and he walked into a ko shot in the first minute of the fight.

A Ruiz fight would show where Wilder is at this point, and he and his team do not want that. Why is Wilder Ruiz not a 50/50? Or at worst, 60/40. I believe they offered 70/30....that means Ruiz is leaving millions on the table for a fight with no belts and risk. And that means Wilder is leaving 5 million or more on the table because he is pricing himself out.

If Ruiz was a damaged walkover, ok. But he will give Wilder hell. And AJ probably beats Wilder. Those Fury beatings were brutal, Wilder does not want to fight anyone with a pulse and so he is pricing himself out and doing reality tv.

Comment

I'm sure Frank sanchez would take that?

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
              What's was Wilders $?
              Exactly is Wilder getting like $20-30m to their $4m in which case you can't blame people, mandatories generally don't even get shafted that hard.
              sege64 sege64 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

Exactly is Wilder getting like $20-30m to their $4m in which case you can't blame people, mandatories generally don't even get shafted that hard.
                Are you being serious?
                Wilder barely fills arena's, he would be lucky to make 10.

Comment

If people won't take your $4 million, what should you do? Cry about it online or offer more?
                  Offensive Wizardry Offensive Wizardry likes this.

Comment

wilder ducked ruiz. ruiz was entitled to 40 percent under the wbc eliminator guidelines and he only offered ruiz 30 percent by his own admission lol, then when wilder knew it would go to purse bid they simply stopped negotiations and blamed ruiz, and the wbc covered for wilder by moving ruiz down the rankings. they said its because ruiz has been inactive for a year, but guess what...wilder has been inactive for a year now and he hasnt been moved down their rankings. oops! im shocked the wbc did that...oh wait they are the same organization that fed wilder pbc bums for years.

send that 4 million offer to zhang buddy...oh wait you arent doing that are you

Comment

Working...
                    X