Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Rocha Couldn't Do Anything About Santillan's Strength and Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Rocha Couldn't Do Anything About Santillan's Strength and Power

Saturday night could not have been any better for Giovani Santillan. Not only did Santillan defeat Alexis Rocha by knockout, but he became a legit contender in a competitive welterweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It appeared in the fight that Rocha didn't know hot to fight a lefty as himself. He just stood there at times taking the combination and thinking that his power was going to bail him out. No leg or head movement did him in.

Comment

Robert. And Pita Garcia. I know both of you read theses articles. Oscar de la Hoya said how the “power of Santillan was very very rare and weird”…speculating steroids

Comment

Santillan’s an excellent fighter and already has quite an underrated resume.

Comment

Originally posted by MesicoFistology View Post
          Robert. And Pita Garcia. I know both of you read theses articles. Oscar de la Hoya said how the “power of Santillan was very very rare and weird”…speculating steroids
          What else did Oscar say, specifically? You seem to be insinuating that Oscar was insinuating steroids but maybe he was just surprised with Santillan's power.
          SSDineff SSDineff likes this.

Comment

Maybe people shouldn't jump to conclusions about the greatness of a fighter until he is proven beyond a doubt--like Crawford Pacquiao Canelo etc. Now Rocha has to recoup lost ground which is hard.

Comment

Rocha landed some good shots , he just couldn't hurt Santillan and dissuade him from coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
                Maybe people shouldn't jump to conclusions about the greatness of a fighter until he is proven beyond a doubt--like Crawford Pacquiao Canelo etc. Now Rocha has to recoup lost ground which is hard.

The word " great" , just like " hero" is thrown around so easily these days that they're both basically meaningless.
                ​​

Comment

He couldn't do anything about it? Like get out of the way? He didn't have to stand there and take it. Let a guy step to the side and some fans claim he's running. I don't mind face fighters, but dont tell me the other guy didn't come to fight after he plods and loses.

Comment

In a way it is questionable considering Santillan with those massive shoulders all of a sudden he had and the fact that he couldn't get a stoppage on his last two opponents. At that time, most people were ready to write him off and think top rank was going to let him go. I do believe a fighter can better himself but to develop this power and work rate that he didn't show in any of his previous fights...not saying he's on something but there's a possibility that he could be.

Comment

Working...
                    X