Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gabriela Fundora Dominates Arely Mucino To Win IBF Flyweight Title via 5th Round Stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gabriela Fundora Dominates Arely Mucino To Win IBF Flyweight Title via 5th Round Stoppage

INGLEWOOD, California - First-time world title challenger Gabriela Fundora demonstrated she was more than ready to prove her promise, dominating four-time champion Arely Mucino en route to a fifth-round stoppage victory to claim the IBF flyweight crown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nice win for the Fundora sister
    Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Called the winner, though I didn’t expect a stoppage. It’s amazing how many on social thought Arely would KO Gabriela.

Comment

It's unfortunate that seeing a stoppage in womens fights is so rare. The ladies typically fight really hard. Mucino couldn't get inside and paid a heavy price for trying. Ms. Fundora is going to be really tough to beat.

I wonder when Sebastian is coming back. Anyone hear anything ?

Comment

Gabriela, like Sebastian, is very tall for her weight class. However, she seems to have a better grasp of distance control than Sebastian does. Never saw her fight before, and she made a great first impression. How long before we see her vs. Esparza?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Gabriela, like Sebastian, is very tall for her weight class. However, she seems to have a better grasp of distance control than Sebastian does. Never saw her fight before, and she made a great first impression. How long before we see her vs. Esparza?
            We covered Sebastian on the show too - we think that's his vision. That he might actually be near-sighted, which is why he's always game to go in the booth and bang and seems to get tagged at distance all the time.

That would explain why Ocampo got washed, because Ocampo is an inside fighter and always has been.

Gabriela is dangerous at range. Which we said would be a problem for Mucino. If she couldn't get in, she'd get beat. That's what happened. The one to beat Gabriela is an inside aggressor similar to what you just saw with Santillan and I'm not sure there's a girl that can or would do that in the modern era.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

We covered Sebastian on the show too - we think that's his vision. That he might actually be near-sighted, which is why he's always game to go in the booth and bang and seems to get tagged at distance all the time.

That would explain why Ocampo got washed, because Ocampo is an inside fighter and always has been.

Gabriela is dangerous at range. Which we said would be a problem for Mucino. If she couldn't get in, she'd get beat. That's what happened. The one to beat Gabriela is an inside aggressor similar to what you just saw with Santillan and I'm not sure there's a girl that can or would do that in the modern era.
              Gabriela also wears glasses, but maybe she's far-sighted? Two boxing siblings with impaired vision, but the opposite impairment lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Gabriela also wears glasses, but maybe she's far-sighted?
                That's the thought. We can't know for sure until she gets tested by an inside aggressor OR someone that's just better than her at range. And I don't know that exists either.

Comment

Working...
                X