Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Showtime Exiting Boxing: It's Not Great News; Boxing Will Be Worse Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Showtime Exiting Boxing: It's Not Great News; Boxing Will Be Worse Off

Eddie Hearn apparently isn't feeling much schadenfreude from the pending death knell of a competitor. The Matchroom Boxing head somberly greeted the news on Tuesday that Showtime will no longer broadcast boxing--a programming staple on the pay cable network for nearly four decades--after the end of the year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn is right.. the traditional model doesn’t work anymore, we’ve seen this with HBO several years ago. If PBC sign with Amazon like I’m hearing it’ll be massive, potentially reach a global audience. I’m hearing DAZN offered a billion dollar deal to PBC.. but meh. Zeus is in the running too. But I’d go with Amazon Prime

Comment

Many people are moving away from traditional cable TV in favor of commercial free streaming. I am actually surprised people still pay for HBO and Showtime. They literally have nothing to watch

Comment

Classy take from Hearn. I'm sure he's licking his chops that pbc will go to dazn lol
        Devils Advocate Devils Advocate likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post
          Hearn is right.. the traditional model doesn’t work anymore, we’ve seen this with HBO several years ago. If PBC sign with Amazon like I’m hearing it’ll be massive, potentially reach a global audience. I’m hearing DAZN offered a billion dollar deal to PBC.. but meh. Zeus is in the running too. But I’d go with Amazon Prime
          Doesn't Al still owe half a billion dollars to the people he ripped off to start PBC? Why would Amazon be dumb enough to give him more money?

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
            Many people are moving away from traditional cable TV in favor of commercial free streaming. I am actually surprised people still pay for HBO and Showtime. They literally have nothing to watch
            I just canceled my SHO sub because they offered nothing for me besides occasional boxing

Comment

Originally posted by ifc View Post

Doesn't Al still owe half a billion dollars to the people he ripped off to start PBC? Why would Amazon be dumb enough to give him more money?
              Oh good G-d, this is STILL going around???

Comment

SKy sports have already given up get rid of Boxxer

Comment

Boxing has to adapt to the market because if it doesn't it'll fade into irrelevancy. People want easy to digest TV and having four champions across seventeen weight classes isn't easy to digest. The sport needs to be streamlined and made more accessible. Boxing isn't going to recapture the golden ages of the 1900s but to survive it has to be putting out a better product more consistently.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Unless Dazn stops putting out more crap like last Saturdays freak show , the billions they are losing surely they will have to bail...
                    Don2021 Don2021 Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X