Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Fabio Wardley, David Adeleye - Face To Face at Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Fabio Wardley, David Adeleye - Face To Face at Press Conference

Wardley, Adeleye Press Conference Photos Gallery - ONE OF THE most highly-anticipated fights of the year, the British heavyweight title showdown between Fabio Wardley and David Adeleye, takes place in Riyadh on October 28 on the undercard of the Battle of the Baddest event, featuring Tyson Fury against MMA king Francis Ngannou, live on TNT Sports Box Office in the UK & Ireland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Surely better than the main event
    Slipthepunch Slipthepunch likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
      Surely better than the main event
      It’s the only fight worth watching on it and one fight definitely isn’t worth the 90 dollars between 2 prospects .

Comment

I heard Fury call Adeleye the best HW prospect - haven't bothered to go check because I want to have a real first impression by watching him live. I don't see many other posters I respect mention him though - Im thinking Fury was B'sing?

I've seen Wardley a couple times - probably going to the top, but I've been entertained so far and want to see how far he can take this. I'll check this one out
        Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-17-2023, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
          I heard Fury call Adeleye the best HW prospect - haven't bothered to go check because I want to have a real first impression by watching him live. I don't see many other posters I respect mention him though - Im thinking Fury was B'sing?

I've seen Wardley a couple times - probably going to the top, but I've been entertained so far and want to see how far he can take this. I'll check this one out
          Based on what I've seen from Adeleye, yes. Wardley has great intangibles but how skilled he is I'm unconvinced as yet (these things were all evidenced in the Gorman fight - was getting outboxed & hit, came alive when it appeared he might be hurt, stopped him quickly). Definitely favouring Wardley in this one. I think he's probably European/fringe world level.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post

Sokolowski gave Adeleye all he could handle. I’m going for Wardley in this but don’t think either will make it beyond European level.
            LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

If looks could kill the whole division would be in trouble with this kid Adeleye!

Comment

Cracking good card. Big boys who'd lay anyone out on the street.
                Ngannou brought his boxing into MMA, cross trained appropriately and slayed the entire field.
                Now we'll all see what he can do in the major leagues of combat sports where the real money is.
                I wonder if Fury could do as well in MMA as Ngannou will do in Boxing? Mercer did fine, so maybe.

Personally, I'm looking for Fury to drop Ngannou after giving the fans only a few rounds, ala Mayweather vs. McGregor; then move on to 2 or 3 more 100 million dollar paydays against Usyk, Joshua and possibly Zhilei Zhang.

For the undercard, I see Fabio Wardley vs David Adeleye being a fight where one emerges as a serious contender and the other remains a domestic talent, and I'm going with Wardley in a competative fight.

Joseph Parker vs Simon Kean has the ingredients for a big upset. Kean has a questionable chin but Parker' power is only good, and Kean's bigger, in great shape, hits harder and is stronger than Parker. His amateur pedigree, great jab and this being his one shot should make this interesting, if he can rise to meet this opportunity. Going with Kean by UD.

Carlos Takam vs Martin Bakole is a classic passing of the torch, as these two have both been more impressive than Ajagba on the African continental scence of late. You can never count Takam out of anything, but this one looks to be the big guy's moment to solidify a very high place in the queue for a title shot. Going with Bakole by TKO late.

Arslanbek Makhmudov vs Anthony Wright looks like another smashing knockout for the scary Russian champion as talks with Former champion Deontay Wilder heat up.
                Makhmudov in 2.

Moses Itauma vs Istvan Bernath is designed to be another KO for the very young prospect, and who am I to argue?

Jack McGann vs Alcibiade Duran pits a fairly good MMA Fighter & Boxer against the Son of the legendary Roberto Duran, who sadly, is not a chip off the old block.

Comment

Working...
                X