Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxing Has Been Placed 'On Hold' For 2028 Olympic Games in Los Angeles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boxing Has Been Placed 'On Hold' For 2028 Olympic Games in Los Angeles

The sport of boxing has been placed "on hold" for the 2028 Olympic Games in Los Angeles, according to the International Olympic Committee [IOC]. Boxing, which has been a part of the Olympics since 1920, will still be a part of the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris, France.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I tune in as much as I can for boxing in the Olympics. I will watch almost anything they have on but I purposely look for the boxing itinerary. It would be a real shame if they can't get boxing on the event.

Comment

The IOC has had serious problems with the IBA for a long time, and that is the issue.
      Worldwide, Amateur boxing has declined steady since the fall of communism in Europe, which has allowed fighters to go pro, and thereby encouraging free nation boxers to go pro sooner.
      If no Olympic Games remains the end goal, why get punched for free after your basic introduction to the sport?
      The IBA has to go.
      You want to see a corrupt sport at the Olympics? Take your pick.

Comment

Al Haymon can run it.

Comment

Working...
        X