Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alimkhanuly, Gualtieri Make Weight For WBO/IBF Middleweight Title Unification Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alimkhanuly, Gualtieri Make Weight For WBO/IBF Middleweight Title Unification Bout

Janibek Alimkhanuly and Vincenzo Gualtieri will attempt to provide much-needed leadership in the barren middleweight division. The pair of unbeaten titlists began with their obligatory staredown immediately after they both made weight for their WBO and IBF unification bout this Saturday from Fort Bend Epicenter in Rosenberg, Texas. Kazakhstan's Alimkhanuly was 159.3 pounds while Germany's Gualtieri checked in at 159 1/2 pounds for their ESPN-televised main event. The two then met face-to-face and refused to turn away, even after being instructed by Top Rank staff to turn and face the cameras. Alimkhanuly offered an evil grin before he slowly ended the session, while Gualtieri never broke eye contact.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I will watch.

I know next to nothing about any of these boxers except Davis, but I will watch.

Comment

Middle in its weakest era in ages. Saw Boxrec has domestic level Eubank #1. Embarrassing

Comment

Germany and Canada are similar in the fact that most of their boxers,were usually born somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
          I will watch.

I know next to nothing about any of these boxers except Davis, but I will watch.
          Me either. But this is actually down the street from my house so I grabbed floor seats, **** it. Lol. Middleweight title unification in Rosenberg Texas ? How often does that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

Me either. But this is actually down the street from my house so I grabbed floor seats, **** it. Lol. Middleweight title unification in Rosenberg Texas ? How often does that happen.
            I would jump all over that as well!! I am super curious how things go. Let us know what the atmosphere was like and how the fights looked from ground level, can you?

Comment

I would jump all over that as well!! I am super curious how things go. Let us know what the atmosphere was like and how the fights looked from ground level, can you?
              floor seats sold out. Upper deck was pretty much empty.

crawford and Bomac were there. Super nice, taking pics w all the fans.

Raul Marquez’ son fought on the undercard. Stopped his guy via TKO. Was a couple more Tko’s on the undercard as well. The heavyweight Torres kid from Cali was very exciting to watch.

main event was lackluster. The IBF champ was a scrub, hate to say it. Crowd was very pro Janibek. Couldn’t believe how many folks in Houston rep Kazakhstan but the whole place was chanting his name. Not at all the best card I’ve been to but certainly not the worst. I’d do it again.
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

floor seats sold out. Upper deck was pretty much empty.

crawford and Bomac were there. Super nice, taking pics w all the fans.

Raul Marquez’ son fought on the undercard. Stopped his guy via TKO. Was a couple more Tko’s on the undercard as well. The heavyweight Torres kid from Cali was very exciting to watch.

main event was lackluster. The IBF champ was a scrub, hate to say it. Crowd was very pro Janibek. Couldn’t believe how many folks in Houston rep Kazakhstan but the whole place was chanting his name. Not at all the best card I’ve been to but certainly not the worst. I’d do it again.
                Sounds like it was a pretty fun way to kill a night!

Hope you do get the chance again. Live boxing is fun. I have only been able to do small, house shows with local talent and it was still a good time.

Comment

Sounds like it was a pretty fun way to kill a night!

Hope you do get the chance again. Live boxing is fun. I have only been able to do small, house shows with local talent and it was still a good time.
                  I’ve done quite a few cards. Back in the day I would do cheap seats but for the last 10 years or so I do floor seats only.

been to Danny Garcia v Erik Morales
                  Donaire v Arce
                  Spence v Ocampo
                  crawford v Benavidez

and quite a few others that. I’ll always go to live events. Most of these were in Houston but I actually flew out to Omaha for the Bud one.
                  landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X