Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Excited for December Return of Billy Joe Saunders, Aims to Stage 'Massive Fight' Next Spring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Excited for December Return of Billy Joe Saunders, Aims to Stage 'Massive Fight' Next Spring

Add Billy Joe Saunders to the list of boxers who have a hard time staying retired. The former two-division titlist from Hatfield, England, revealed last week in an interview on Up Front With Simon Jordan that he will be fighting for the first time since his knockout loss to Canelo Alvarez in 2021 in December on a Matchroom-promoted card. Saunders said he will fight closer to the light heavyweight limit of 175 for his return bout but intends to fight at 168 thereafter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's probably the only one excited for this return

Comment

Desperate times when you’re hitching your wagon to a 200+ lb Billy Joe Saunders.

BJS had a lot of potential but lacked the discipline to fulfil his potential, same applies to Frankie Gavin and a few other members of the 2008 GB squad.
      sege64 sege64 Sayithowitisuk Bob like this.

Comment

I don't see him winning another world title, I suspect that he's only coming back for the money

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          He's probably the only one excited for this return
          Oh do come along old boy, it’s going to be a “massif Foyt!”

Comment

Saunders is a racist among other things, who got his his face broken in by Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, 2 years ago.
            Saunders has been healing all that time, and I can't see his fractured face holding up with all of those pins that the Dr.'s placed in his skull to patch it up.
            icee icee likes this.

Comment

By "Massive Fight" I assume he means Billy's lazy ass is going to be fighting at Cruiserweight? Because he surely doesn't mean a fight that fans will GAF about.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                I don't see him winning another world title, I suspect that he's only coming back for the money
                There's always vacant belts. It's the only reason he had one at 168 in the first place.

Comment

Not sure I’ve seen a promotor milk a group of mid level fighters the way Hearn does with his stable of Saunders, Benn, Smith, Aj etc. How gullible are the boxing fans in that region of the globe?

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    How gullible are the boxing fans in that region of the globe?
                    It's not that deep for most people. They probably already pay for things like Netflix so don't mind shelling out the DAZN subscription even if they don't watch every fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X