Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood Trainer on Warrington's Rabbit Punches: I Really Despise That in Boxing; It's Where Damage Gets Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood Trainer on Warrington's Rabbit Punches: I Really Despise That in Boxing; It's Where Damage Gets Done

Trainer Ben Davison believes his charge, Leigh Wood, was hampered early on in his dramatic tussle with Josh Warrington by an illegal shot to the back of the head.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Warrington likes to use his head a lot too in fights.
    JeBron Lamez JeBron Lamez likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      Warrington likes to use his head a lot too in fights.
      Yep, absolute filthbag of a fighter & he loves it too.

Comment

Fact! Rabbit punches can cause permanent, just look at how they damaged Prichard 'Digget' Colon.
        He's been left in a vegetative state, with life-altering injuries it's not only tragic, but traumatic, simply heart breaking to say the least.
        He was taken to the hospital immediately after his fight with Terrel Williams, who had repeatedly hit him with illegal rabbit punches.
        He was diagnosed with a brain bleed, and went into a coma for over 200 days, his mother has to take care of him for the rest of his life.

Comment

Most referee's hate rabbit punches too.

I've had a few refs warn fighters in the locker rooms that shots behind the head will not be tolerated.

Comment

I don't like how Warrington uses his head, but I actually thought he was unlucky to get the point taken away by the ref in the 7th. Any hook has a chance of hitting the back of the head like that, depending on how the opposing fighter moves. If Wood stayed upright or stepped back, the hook doesn't hit the back of his head (a moment before, Warrington had thrown a left hook and Wood stayed upright and blocked it with his glove). When Wood turns and leans forward, it puts the back of his own head in the way of the punch. It's not Warrington's fault in that instance.

Comment

Warrington fought a dirty fight. He did as well as he did because of his rabbit punching, use of head, and holding down while hitting tactics. While he was aggressive, the whole after he got caught by one punch. The referee stopped the fight prematurely, but Warrington got what he deserved.

Comment

It's why I can't stand Hrgovic.

Comment

Slava Ukraini

Comment

Working...
                  X