Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith's Promoter Feels Scores Were Way Too Wide in Loss To Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith's Promoter Feels Scores Were Way Too Wide in Loss To Ramirez

This past Saturday night at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Gilberto Ramirez secured a lopsided ten round unanimous decision over Joe Smith in a battle of former world champions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

scores were pre filled

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
      scores were pre filled
      i did not see the fight so what and how was it close what kinda fight did it turn into ? Who had the heavier hands looked more fluient in the ring. control the tempo ?

Comment

The average Joe got beat the hell up, he tried but is so ordinary it made for an easy fight however Ramirez always seem to make fights harded than need be. I thought Joe tried but for the most part still got his ass kicked easy!

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

i did not see the fight so what and how was it close what kinda fight did it turn into ? Who had the heavier hands looked more fluient in the ring. control the tempo ?
          It was a 97-93 type of fight. Zurdo controlled the fight and was surprisingly mobile and slick throughout the 10 rows, but Smith gave constant pressure and had many good moments with some clean, hard punches that should’ve earned him a few rounds. There’s no question that Ramirez was the better fighter and that he should have won a clean decision, but all three judges giving him 9 rounds was surprising.
          Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 10-09-2023, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

Ramirez swept the first 3 rds pretty clean. Smith had a good 4th or 5th I believe. One of those rds. So through 5, it was 4 - 1 Ramirez. Smith made the last 3 rds pretty competitive. Ramirez felt Smiths power for sure, but he was never in any real trouble.

So max you could have it, is 96-94 and that’s if you gave Joe all the swing rds.

So scoring rd by rd, 99-91 is acceptable, but it’s not giving any credit to Smith’s work in the swing rds.

Comment

scores were pre filled
              That's what I said...

Comment

scores were pre filled
                E nd thread. ^^€>€ thanks

Comment

Originally posted by b Murphington View Post

Ramirez swept the first 3 rds pretty clean. Smith had a good 4th or 5th I believe. One of those rds. So through 5, it was 4 - 1 Ramirez. Smith made the last 3 rds pretty competitive. Ramirez felt Smiths power for sure, but he was never in any real trouble.

So max you could have it, is 96-94 and that’s if you gave Joe all the swing rds.

So scoring rd by rd, 99-91 is acceptable, but it’s not giving any credit to Smith’s work in the swing rds.
                  Z Dawg will Selma you and beercules tk older mature Japanese house wives

​​​​​​young h dudes fear poon

Comment

Yeah, Smith was putting good pressure on Zurdo.

Zurdo probably won & plus there's more money to be made with him than Joe Smith Jr.

He's a tough guy, but probably just a gatekeeper at this point

Comment

Working...
                    X