Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murodjon Akhmadaliev-Kevin Gonzalez: Matchroom Boxing ($120,000) Wins Purse Bid For WBA Title Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murodjon Akhmadaliev-Kevin Gonzalez: Matchroom Boxing ($120,000) Wins Purse Bid For WBA Title Eliminator

Matchroom Boxing has secured the rights to a title eliminator where the winner could potentially challenge for the undisputed crown. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the Murodjon 'MJ' Akhmadaliev-Kevin Gonzalez WBA 122-pound title elimination
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well assuming MJ wins and becomes the mandatory and Inoue is the undisputed belt holder come December, it will certainly kill two birds with one stone by being able to fight Casimero/Nery/MJ before going up to feather weight...Tapales for undisputed in December followed by MJ/Casimero defense in Japan then KO Nery in the US then up to feather weights.
    Last edited by Elheath; 10-09-2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Who is Kevin Gonzalez?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Who is Kevin Gonzalez?
        No clue but looking at the WBA rankings, I guess he's ranked number 2 after MJ? I'd expect MJ to win even after the questionable loss to Tapales.

For reference, the top two for WBC are #1 Luis Nery and #2 David Picasso, WBO are #1 Sam Goodman and #2 Luis Nery, IBF are #1 Sam Goodman and #3 MJ (#2 is NOT RATED).

Comment

looks like Sam Goodman will fight Inoue next year . Sam is already the mandatory the for the WBO . I know that the Casimero fight is likely to happen in 2024 as well

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
          No clue but looking at the WBA rankings, I guess he's ranked number 2 after MJ? I'd expect MJ to win even after the questionable loss to Tapales.

For reference, the top two for WBC are #1 Luis Nery and #2 David Picasso, WBO are #1 Sam Goodman and #2 Luis Nery, IBF are #1 Sam Goodman and #3 MJ (#2 is NOT RATED).

Comment

$120,000? Christ. Both guys getting like $25,000 after all is said and done.

Comment

Although the elite in boxing get paid well, the level below that put it all on the line just the same but often don't see 7 figures across an entire career. Hope the winner of this looks impressive and earns a nice payday vs Inoue.

Comment

Working...
              X