Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Feels Aggrieved, Set For Weight Move After Wood Defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Feels Aggrieved, Set For Weight Move After Wood Defeat

Josh Warrington feels a move in weight will be the best option as he looks to secure a rematch against Leigh Wood. The former two-time IBF world featherweight champion was on the wrong end of a sensational showdown against the Nottingham man at the Utilita Arena in Sheffield on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yep got up way to quickly, still good performance from him, not the end of the road, some careful match ups needed.

Comment

I don't see how you stop a fight at the end of a round..

Comment

I don't see how you don't stop that fight. Warrington ate huge shots. He didn't turn away in the corner - he stumbled to the corner. If he'd had any kind of instinct or senses intact he'd have looked at the ref and raised his gloves.

A shame for him as he fought brilliantly, but it's a good stoppage in my view. If he's gone, he's gone. You don't let him take another.

Comment

Josh did well, he just got sloppy and paid the price. I'd like to see a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
            I don't see how you don't stop that fight. Warrington ate huge shots. He didn't turn away in the corner - he stumbled to the corner. If he'd had any kind of instinct or senses intact he'd have looked at the ref and raised his gloves.

A shame for him as he fought brilliantly, but it's a good stoppage in my view. If he's gone, he's gone. You don't let him take another.
            Josh Headbuttington is in denial, the shots he ate had him real shook up.

Comment

The referee surely remembered Lara knocking down Warrington as hard as Wood did. Couple that with the hundreds of headbutts, which - in spite of causing worse damage to his opponents - definitely haven't done Josh's brain any good.

There you go, perfect stoppage. Notwithstanding the money I lost by betting on Warrington.

Comment

I am not a Josh Warrington fan I actually hate the way he fights but hats off, he boxed exceptionally. I legit thought he was going to get the KO several times. Warrington has some pace about him and showed combos he could fair ok at 130 or be dog food. Strangely I have the same feeling about Leigh Woods at 130.

Comment

horrific stoppage by ref, makes no sense to stop it at end of a round, he had 60 seconds extra to recover, if hes unsteady after that then stop it

the point off was ridiculous as well

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    horrific stoppage by ref, makes no sense to stop it at end of a round, he had 60 seconds extra to recover, if hes unsteady after that then stop it

the point off was ridiculous as well
                    You don't know how boxing works. Refs are not supposed to take into account how much time is left. If the fighter has his back turned to the ref, holding the ropes as he counts past 7, he's going to stop it. There is 0 justification for letting that fight continue.
                    leebatt leebatt likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X