Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Backs Oleksandr Usyk To Beat Tyson Fury, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Groves Backs Oleksandr Usyk To Beat Tyson Fury, Explains Why

Former super middleweight champion George Groves is backing Oleksandr Usyk to shock Tyson Fury in their undisputed heavyweight showdown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Poor reasoning. Could have said same going into first wilder fight

Comment

Nice opinion. Is he willing to put his money where his mouth is though?

Comment

I will also be favouring Usyk to win if the fight happens in Saudi, rather than in the UK or US, where Fury would be more likely to get away with mauling, leaning and wrestling, etc. If it's a clean boxing match, Fury will have a very hard time dealing with Usyk's speed, mobility and accurate punches.
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jjscruff View Post
          Poor reasoning. Could have said same going into first wilder fight
          "His boxing ability is superior, in my opinion, to everyone else in the heavyweight division. What he lacks in natural size, he makes up for in timing, shot placement, adjustments of feet, tempo ... "

Nobody could say that about Wilder with a straight face, not even Malik Scott.
          Last edited by kafkod; 10-08-2023, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Usyk just got knocked out by Dubios via bodyshot, Groves is cracked.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              I will also be favouring Usyk to win if the fight happens in Saudi, rather than in the UK or US, where Fury would be more likely to get away with mauling, leaning and wrestling, etc. If it's a clean boxing match, Fury will have a very hard time dealing with Usyk's speed, mobility and accurate punches.
              There is nothing wrong with rough house tactics, it is apart of the game 'Usyk will have to overcome that aspect of Fury's game'.

Fury is really skill for skill only superior in one area compared to Usyk 'That area is Inside game'.

Endurance, Speed, Movement, Combinations, Mid To Long Range game 'I belief Usyk is actually a superior fighter to Fury, and has more proven form of late'.

Usyk will have to be superior skill for skill in order to negate the difference in dimensions, of fighting another Super Heavyweight etc.

Comment

Groves obv is entitled to his opinion even more so than us mere fans but i strongly disagree with him i think Fury will take him out within 9 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

There is nothing wrong with rough house tactics, it is apart of the game 'Usyk will have to overcome that aspect of Fury's game'.
                  There's a fine line between rough house tactics and fouls. It's up to the ref to decide where that line is drawn and refs, same as other human beings, can be "influenced".

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post
                    Usyk just got knocked out by Dubios via bodyshot, Groves is cracked.

Usyk was hit low. The slo-mo footage you posted many times proved that conclusively.

Thanks for posting it and settling the debate!

Comment

Working...
                    X